Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    what if you did a setup like this:

Where chests are actually fence posts?

It used to be a solution to a similar problem with mobs phasing through fence posts when chunks were unloaded/reloaded.

I just remembered having this same issue whenever the server resets while I'm grinding in the skelly/spider farm. If there's a surplus of skeletons waiting to be killed, when the server comes back up a handful of them have escaped into the room with me.

Quote Originally Posted by cliffs View Post
    what if you did a setup like this:

Where chests are actually fence posts?

It used to be a solution to a similar problem with mobs phasing through fence posts when chunks were unloaded/reloaded.

I just remembered having this same issue whenever the server resets while I'm grinding in the skelly/spider farm. If there's a surplus of skeletons waiting to be killed, when the server comes back up a handful of them have escaped into the room with me.
    Certainly worth looking into if this next test phase fails.

More glass is no problem for the villages. It'll take away a few spawning spots, but if that would solve it, great. But I also had a feeling those 2 villagers inside the glass just couldn't get back in the cell because it's too crowded to just walk in there and maybe after a few days they would get out eventually.
    Lets say your teleport yourself into the ground (in creative). Once you're in that block, you can't pass into other blocks, meaning you can only escape if there is an air block adjacent to the block you're in. This would be the same for mobs. Anything to do with multi-layered cell walls will more than likely act as a solution (if the blocks are non-solid, as solid blocks would cause suffocation).

Thank you to all that have helped us in troubleshooting the Iron Titan, and to all that have helped us build it (even if it was a small part). Kl and I have decided to scrap the Iron Titan due to the re-occurring issues. Kl has found a design (Iron Towers) that automatically resets the 32 village count if needed and can be built outside of the spawn chunk. I think this will be best as it will give us a range of options in building it and preventing issues of village merging as well as people spawning on top of the structure if it were built in the spawn chunks.

I'll start tearing down my Titan and hopefully we can start work on the Towers soon.