Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Towny war.

Towny war.

So me and reactivebuilder have been thinking about a server event. So one of these weekends we should make a war between the nations. During that weekend you must pay 500 Smileys to be neutral instead of 10 (Only that weekend). You may only use 1 TNT block to destroy the wall to get in, all towns that participate will have to switch their PVP on for the weekend, NO jet packs allowed and also griefing insn't allowed (except for that 1 TNT) . The last king standing alive has the winning town/nation. Of course its up the the Staff to decide if this is a good idea or a terrible! Its just to have some fun on the server.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I don't see a war like this holding merit to the server. Towny war is a server wide event and any nations no matter how big or small would be affected. This would allow permanent greifing/theft as well as mass killing and shenanigans.

Towny war from wiki
    Spoiler!

I can definitely tell you I don't agree with proceeding forward with something like this. Having a non towny "war" such as one agreed upon by both parties would likely be okay. There would have to be explicit documentation approved by staff for all parties involved. Not just towns, ALL players of each town would have to validate their participation in such an event.
    PVP aspect has always been okay on the server so long as both parties agree with written consent. An added griefing aspect would require more thought, and I'm not convinced it would be a good idea. If this is just for fun, it should simply be pvp between towns.

I've just looked through the config file for towny and in the war settings block griefing can be disabled, as well as what blocks you want to disable the modification of inside of warzones, such as chests, furnaces, tnt, etc. I can't really account for the mass killings or the loss of inventory and shenanigans that would result, unless keeping your inventory was turned on, which seems to ruin it somehow. I'm not really comfortable with the no jetpack rule since I don't have any land in medina or plans for any really. Since we're allies, maybe you could handle the earthbound front, and I the spawn front?

As for a non-towny war, with my house's guard my own subjects aren't safe in my town. Feel free to consider my town a pvp zone, though for me its not the time for a server war. That comes later.

Damn, don't you ninja me again
    Last edited by ethe334; 23rd September 2014 at 12:09.

I agree with Jiro. Pvp should just say between towns. A server event like this would be mayhem.

PVP is always enabled on the Snapshot server. Also there aren't any pesky protection plugins running and the only rule is to watch your language. So if you're looking for chaos you can find it there

Guys war on snapshot server, friday night at 6pm UK time.

Teams of two.

Cause as musch destruction as you wish! (The server resets anyways!)

No saying 'I cant make it beacuse...'
    Sup

I seriously can't make it, anyways. Id just spawn a giant lava ball on you all
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I will make the spawn a lava lake before the competition starts, so when everyone joins they will all die in less than 30s . Ez win ez prize. And what is the prize for this competition anyway? :P

Here is a list of rewards :

Titles:
    -War Dog (kill 1 player)
    -War Fighter (kill 10 players)
    -War Lord (kill 25 players)

Items:
    -Wand (win 1 war)
    -Lightning rod (win 5 wars)
    -Boom stick (win 10 wars)
    Sup

ethe334 the war lord boom stick

I can picture it already