Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Banned for Language

    I was recently banned by jiro_89 on the TFC server for the reason: language
    Whilst i was given a warning hours before hand; i thought that the crack down on myself alone when i was not the only participating member was just a staff formality and even somewhat of a joke. The language was only used in local chat to other players with similar tastes.

    I was banned 3 days ago whilst on a short trip of which i only returned today.
    Obviously I am requesting an un-ban, and will try not to use similar language again.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked_walrus View Post
    I was recently banned by jiro_89 on the TFC server for the reason: language
    Whilst i was given a warning hours before hand; i thought that the crack down on myself alone when i was not the only participating member was just a staff formality and even somewhat of a joke. The language was only used in local chat to other players with similar tastes.

    I was banned 3 days ago whilst on a short trip of which i only returned today.
    Obviously I am requesting an un-ban, and will try not to use similar language again.
    The rules are plastered all over the spawn building in TerraFirmaCraft, in fact the one about swearing is right at eye level when you use /spawn or login to the server for the first time. The rules could also be accessed by using [/rules] which was also readily available.

    Staff never "joke" about warnings or banning. Banning people isn't some game to us, we take it very seriously. Point being, you were warned for swearing several times, later on you swore several times again, thus banned.

  3. #3
    I understand entirely, and apologise in full for my actions.
    Not to say I am right, because in no way I am, but I personally believe that swearing in relation to griefing or stealing is a minor offence. Especially considering the example for swearing in the ban thread shows full caps and use of swearing excessively in what I assume is global chat.

    Once again I am apologising for what I've done and am asking that this is not a perma-ban. Can I please be unbanned?

  4. #4
    Are we still discussing this ban appeal?
    I am very eager to continue playing on the server if I am able to be un-banned.

  5. #5
    Cake! InsaneJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cakeville
    Posts
    4,685
    Blog Entries
    21
    Your behavior already caused our staff to have to waste time on you. And now apparently five and a half hours was too long for you to wait for a reply.

    You're impatient and were not willing to read and/or follow the rules. Only now that you have been banned do you stop to think about what you did. I guess it could be worse.

    I'll leave the decision with Jiro. Whenever he has time to spare and is willing to give you a final answer.

    For anyone else reading this. Personally the thing I hate the most about people breaking our very simple rules, is the time we have to waste dealing with such people. Don't waste our time by being stupid. Respect the staff and other players. Watch your language (private or not). Grass is green. Sky is blue. Water is wet. And if you don't want to play on our servers, there are easier ways to do that then getting yourself banned.

  6. #6
    If you hadn't received a warning, I'd say the ban would've been a bit harsh. But you were warned so ... tough luck.
    Do not post if you are not involved.
    Last edited by ethe334; 27th September 2014 at 18:23.
    http://i.imgur.com/v4naT6Q.png

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Metamorfos View Post
    If you hadn't received a warning, I'd say the ban would've been a bit harsh. But you were warned so ... tough luck.
    I was warned on the one occasion, whilst other players were also swearing without warning (to my knowledge in global). Point being that I didn't see the seriousness in it, I guess I was 'zoning' the rule out because I thought that my judgement on how the cursing was done was acceptable and did not break what the rule was intended to achieve, which is a community that is safe/acceptable for younger players and a server that is not filled with curse words. Hence my actions to keep it on the down low. Regardless, I swore, was warned, swore again and got banned.

    As a first offence, and a 'minor' offence compared to other bad/distrustful character traits such as stealing or griefing I think that a 5 day ban would be an acceptable punishment. Of course it's down to the discretion of staff, and I can only hope.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked_walrus View Post
    As a first offence, and a 'minor' offence compared to other bad/distrustful character traits such as stealing or griefing I think that a 5 day ban would be an acceptable punishment. Of course it's down to the discretion of staff, and I can only hope.
    There is no "minor" offenses, it's black and white. I received a recommendation from a player I believe has good character. I will allow you to appeal the ban no sooner than one month after the original post date of this thread. Also note this does not guarantee unbanning.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiro_89 View Post
    I will allow you to appeal the ban no sooner than one month after the original post date of this thread.
    Sure Thing

  10. #10
    Vanilla Server Manager ethe334's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    AMP Server
    Posts
    535
    Blog Entries
    6
    Sorted.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •