Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    New Spawned

Banned for Language

I was recently banned by jiro_89 on the TFC server for the reason: language
    Whilst i was given a warning hours before hand; i thought that the crack down on myself alone when i was not the only participating member was just a staff formality and even somewhat of a joke. The language was only used in local chat to other players with similar tastes.

I was banned 3 days ago whilst on a short trip of which i only returned today.
    Obviously I am requesting an un-ban, and will try not to use similar language again.

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_walrus View Post
    I was recently banned by jiro_89 on the TFC server for the reason: language
    Whilst i was given a warning hours before hand; i thought that the crack down on myself alone when i was not the only participating member was just a staff formality and even somewhat of a joke. The language was only used in local chat to other players with similar tastes.

I was banned 3 days ago whilst on a short trip of which i only returned today.
    Obviously I am requesting an un-ban, and will try not to use similar language again.
    The rules are plastered all over the spawn building in TerraFirmaCraft, in fact the one about swearing is right at eye level when you use /spawn or login to the server for the first time. The rules could also be accessed by using [/rules] which was also readily available.

Staff never "joke" about warnings or banning. Banning people isn't some game to us, we take it very seriously. Point being, you were warned for swearing several times, later on you swore several times again, thus banned.

New Spawned
    I understand entirely, and apologise in full for my actions.
    Not to say I am right, because in no way I am, but I personally believe that swearing in relation to griefing or stealing is a minor offence. Especially considering the example for swearing in the ban thread shows full caps and use of swearing excessively in what I assume is global chat.

Once again I am apologising for what I've done and am asking that this is not a perma-ban. Can I please be unbanned?

New Spawned
    Are we still discussing this ban appeal?
    I am very eager to continue playing on the server if I am able to be un-banned.

Your behavior already caused our staff to have to waste time on you. And now apparently five and a half hours was too long for you to wait for a reply.

You're impatient and were not willing to read and/or follow the rules. Only now that you have been banned do you stop to think about what you did. I guess it could be worse.

I'll leave the decision with Jiro. Whenever he has time to spare and is willing to give you a final answer.

For anyone else reading this. Personally the thing I hate the most about people breaking our very simple rules, is the time we have to waste dealing with such people. Don't waste our time by being stupid. Respect the staff and other players. Watch your language (private or not). Grass is green. Sky is blue. Water is wet. And if you don't want to play on our servers, there are easier ways to do that then getting yourself banned.

If you hadn't received a warning, I'd say the ban would've been a bit harsh. But you were warned so ... tough luck.
    Do not post if you are not involved.
    Last edited by ethe334; 27th September 2014 at 19:23.
    http://i.imgur.com/v4naT6Q.png