Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    To give even more incentive to towns, how about we create a hall of heroes next to spawn where last month's winners get a larger than life statue?

I know manually creating those statues is a lot of work. So I suggest we use the tools already installed on the server to do this in a more convenient fashion. Pernix I'm sure you can figure out how it works (hint: skins)
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Removed several inactive towns from the nomination list. Will also include HC towns in their own category, "Best HC Town".

[April, 2015]

Spoiler!

he Largest Town - HighRock (Mayor :: Rainnmannx)

The Most Visually Appealing Town - Sherton (Mayor :: tenterro)

The Most Advanced Town - Oldsmobilia (Mayor :: DocOlds)

The Richest Town - OldsMobilia (Mayor :: DocOlds)

The Overall Best Town - OldsMobilia (Mayor :: DocOlds)

Congratulations to the above towns! The statues of the mayors will be added to the Hall of Fame soon! Access to the hall will be granted when its finished. :3

I'll also give the HC towns another month before I judge for the new category which has been added. Gives willing towns time to prepare.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Sorry! I've been really slack! To be fair I've been fairly busy for the last few months, but still, I've just been putting it off. :P

There will be an August one! I promise!

As history has shown it's difficult to run the best town awards monthly and the fact that much of the staff has been busy recently doesn't help. Perhaps we should change the duration to three months meaning every three months we can do the competition. Another big issue is the activity though. We haven't received any nominations and the last competition required the staff to nominate the majority of the towns.

Mmmm, yeah. That's probably for the best. Especially since there is often not that much change to most of the towns between the months. We also need people to nominate towns, because we can't keep on doing it. :P

I'll still do one in August, but will start the three month thing during September, meaning there'll also be one then.

How about: "Town of the month"?

It doesn't have to be "best" at anything. Just a nice town that gets highlighted because it's been active and the people there are friendly?

Well since its only happening every three months it should be "Town of every third month".

Lazy Idle Couch Potato Heptagon_ru's Avatar
    Should it necessarily be some official award given by staff? Can it be just some personal impressions, in a very casual style, in a forum thread, so any person could first enjoy reading the description and then visit the town themselves? Not only towns - roads, outposts, ...
    E.g. I would enjoy reading Tenterro's notes about towns he visits these days.

For me it would be a nice addition to the game itself. I can't play much, at least will read some.

Unfortunately, I can't think of a story to start the thread by myself, because don't visit towns much these days. I remember how consuming this activity was on b78 server, so try to avoid it here for now ))