View Poll Results: What kind of teleport option would you like?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leave it as it currently is. Free teleport to towns and use of /home.

2 6.45%
  • Build a Thor's Hammer to gain access to the "teleport network". See description below.

22 70.97%
  • Free teleport to your /home, your own town and it's allies, but not other towns.

4 12.90%
  • Paid teleports to any town and /home. You pay with in-game currency.

1 3.23%
  • As it currently is but with a cooldown period between teleports.

0 0%
  • Something else, please post below.

2 6.45%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

TFC server teleport

We're thinking about what we're going to do with the new HappyDiggers TFC b79 server in regards to the use of teleport commands. Please choose which option has your preference.

One idea we have, and that currently has my personal preference, is that towns first have to build Thor's Hammer. It's a stone pillar made of somewhat expensive materials which will give a town access to the teleport network. Town members can then teleport to their own and to other towns that also have a Thor's Hammer and gain access to the use of /home commands.

A Thor's Hammer is a monolith/pillar kind of structure. It's exact composition has to yet to be determined. It won't be free, but it won't be end-game stuff either. I'm aiming for something that a starting town should be able to produce in a few days. The idea is to keep people who just join the server to wreak havoc out of your town and it gives players another goal to reach.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thor's hammer baby, travel in style!

Quote Originally Posted by fredoduquartier View Post
    OK, for command overrides, i cannot make a plugin that overrides commands (in my knowledge), but i can easely modify any comand af any plugin and make two plugins work in symbiosis.

as for the structure i thaught you use a 3x3 base with a chest in the middle for upgrade gems, and arround use stone material. if you use fire brick it gives x2 multiplier (if the structure is completely made out of it) it will then be upgraded with a pyramid like shape (image below is a tier 0 tp station)

and then you would need to upgrade it up to level

(minimum of the max tier, can be blue steel too, all blocks are firebricks and the inside is hollow, so perfect for charcoal pits )

(with some deoration)

these are design samples, just to show a sample, give your opinion

i posted this on the tfc thread, but it may be usefull here too
    Last edited by fredoduquartier; 10th October 2014 at 18:10.
    If you wonder why I'm not that active anymore, I became the dev of this:
    http://www.indiedb.com/games/sinking-simulator-2

I'd go for the only home and allies idea AND the cool down at the same time (a shorter cool down though) to encourage the alliances and at the same time realistic trading between towns and actual traveling.
    What i wouldn't do is make players create a red steel blocks structure....

I like the Thor's Hammer idea but agree it shouldn't be super expensive to build. Maybe the key component would require a high bronze or low iron metal and a flawless gem.

the structure was only an example, the final desing will only use stone and protection meters
    If you wonder why I'm not that active anymore, I became the dev of this:
    http://www.indiedb.com/games/sinking-simulator-2