Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hard Core TFC Development Thread

A new thread has been created to specifically cater to the Hard Core Application. Visit Hard Core Whitelist Application to apply for HC membership. Information about HC membership and what it entails can be found there.

If you run into any problems or have any questions feel free to reply to this thread or private message me.
    Last edited by Jiro_89; 17th November 2014 at 22:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro_89 View Post
    The caveat to this though is that normal members (non HC group) won’t be allowed onto the continent.
    By they are still allowed to wander around on it, right?
    http://i.imgur.com/v4naT6Q.png

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorfos View Post
    By they are still allowed to wander around on it, right?
    At this point in time no. That is dependent on how the area is protected though. My first idea being the simplest would be to have a barred out border around the Hard Core area not allowing normal members in with the inside being completely vanilla to allow for towny usage and claiming.

Another idea would be to simply claim the entire area under a "Hard Core Town" or something like that so HC members could use the things and non-HC members couldn't. The only problem this presents is HC members wouldn't be able to claim the specific parts of it as their own.

Another option would be some sort of plugin or server permission not allowing non-HC members the ability to break/use things in the HC area. This would be best, but my knowledge of what is available and what isn't for that sort of thing is fairly limited.

Love how you have transformed our "dream" into something viable Jiro.
    Im joining the HC group!
    now, could we have some sort of title in-game that distinguishes us from the rest of players? like an "HC" next to our name? it would be a good way of differentiating the group from normal players...

one last thing, Will townie "create a town" sort of thing exist in this continent for us?

tremen222

Quote Originally Posted by tremen2 View Post
    now, could we have some sort of title in-game that distinguishes us from the rest of players? like an "HC" next to our name? it would be a good way of differentiating the group from normal players...

one last thing, Will townie "create a town" sort of thing exist in this continent for us?

tremen222
    Yes, similar to the Small World group on the HD Minecraft server, the Hard Core group will feature a [HC] next to the player's name in chat designating their group affiliation.

The towny usage on the HC island is still in debate as you can see in my previous post. I'd like to have it used so that people could still run their own towns and protect their items. It really comes down to how the HD area will be separated from the normal members. When we have a solid idea of how that will work, we can figure out a way to incorporate claims and protections, probably in the form of towny and lockette.

Yes, similar to the Small World group on the HD Minecraft server, the Hard Core group will feature a [HC] next to the player's name in chat designating their group affiliation.

The towny usage on the HC island is still in debate as you can see in my previous post. I'd like to have it used so that people could still run their own towns and protect their items. It really comes down to how the HD area will be separated from the normal members. When we have a solid idea of how that will work, we can figure out a way to incorporate claims and protections, probably in the form of towny and lockette.
    hmm, I was thinking about a sort of portal tp... can you get different tfc dimensions in a TFC server?
    maybe in the actual server spawn we could have a portal that takes you to the "HC dimension" which really is just a continent surrounded by water as firstly planned. Im aware there are some plugins that allow you to restrict access to in-game portals.

Quote Originally Posted by tremen2 View Post
    hmm, I was thinking about a sort of portal tp... can you get different tfc dimensions in a TFC server?
    maybe in the actual server spawn we could have a portal that takes you to the "HC dimension" which really is just a continent surrounded by water as firstly planned. Im aware there are some plugins that allow you to restrict access to in-game portals.
    We have that exact same setup on the HD Minecraft server with the Small World portal. That's on of the reasons it is white list, only those that are apart of the SW group can enter it. The only difference being that the items between the rest of the server and SW are non-transferable to prevent contamination.

This is a possibility to consider. It would be simple to do, but I'm concerned it may add more latency to the server. TFC in general requires a lot more information transfer, but I'm sure one of the administrators could weigh in on this at some point as well.

I could do a verry simple plugin: all people that do not have permission of hd.hardcore, cannot interact with anything in the config specified chuncks or between chunk x1 and chunk x2 and chunk z1 and chunk z2 it would be made in few minutes ( without testing and bug fixing)
    If you wonder why I'm not that active anymore, I became the dev of this:
    http://www.indiedb.com/games/sinking-simulator-2

Quote Originally Posted by fredoduquartier View Post
    I could do a verry simple plugin: all people that do not have permission of hd.hardcore, cannot interact with anything in the config specified chuncks or between chunk x1 and chunk x2 and chunk z1 and chunk z2 it would be made in few minutes ( without testing and bug fixing)
    it depends on whether if we actually want people roaming around our continent or not really...

The towny usage on the HC island is still in debate as you can see in my previous post.
    As far as I'm concerned this is not up for debate. It's a public server and there are going to be players that are less than honest. The HC group will use Towny and Lockette to protect their builds just like everybody else.

This does not mean however that they will get access to Towny's teleport commands. We'll have to fine tune what's the bare minimum of commands required for the HC group. Right now I'm thinking only staff (Jiro, Pernix, Katt, etc) can start a town and invite players to join it. The regular HC members can only claim plots inside of a town that have been designated by the town's mayor and nothing else in the way of Towny commands really.

The problem with having a huge continent is that it's hard to protect from outsiders. We could put a WorldGuard region around it, but with really large regions it might cause lag issues. At least that was the case in the past with large World Guard regions. It's something we'd just have to try to see if it works. The other option of having a separate dimension is something we might consider. However I don't know how well TFC would react to this. That's also something we could test. If it works well that's probably the easiest way to set things up since all we'd have to do then is give the HC group permission to go to the other dimension.