Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by pJansson View Post

1. Will hc players get their own spawnpoint or do we have to physically move the 20k+ blocks to reach hc island?
    2. Will hc player still be able to set their spawn point by /home command?
    1. If you want to operate out of the HC island you'll have to make it there on foot. There will be a road, however, and some stop points along the way to provide water and food for the journey.
    2. There will be no teleportation of any kind. You'll have to use a bed to set a spawn point.

In game username: dominicinator (Exactly as written)
    How long have you been playing TFC: Since March/April 2014, though I've known about TFC for 1-2 years before this.
    Why do you want to join the Hard Core group?: I am joining the HC group because joining the group will make my time more immersive, like single player, as well as giving me an increased "Reward" for accomplishing tasks, though I can perfectly do this without joining the HC group, joining the group will put me in a community with other players that want to do the same.
    Have you fully read and understand what you are applying for?: Yes.
    Last edited by dominicinator; 1st November 2014 at 22:40.

Hey ho, fresh member and excited about the new server!

In game username: pJansson
    How long have you been playing TFC: Just a month or so.
    Why do you want to join the Hard Core group?: I think tp ruins much of the challenge, vanilla tfc feels so much more rewarding when you are successful.
    Have you fully read and understand what you are applying for?: Believe so. Have two questions though...

1. Will hc players get their own spawnpoint or do we have to physically move the 20k+ blocks to reach hc island?
    2. Will hc player still be able to set their spawn point by /home command?

Even if both questions return negative answers, i want to join the hc group. Just want to know the risks of moving a thatch and hide bed. Returning to original spawn due to death after a 20k block journey is a bit of a headache...
    *Ahem* Sorry, this is a bit awkward, but i think i have to pass on the hc membership. Given that hc membership applications isn´t exactly spamming this thread and the sheer distance to hc island, i can easily see that you could get very isolated out there. And since there´s no membership hopping, and even though i don´t like tp, it would be sad to see this server ruined for me just from taking the wrong decision early on. Cold feet.

Really, really sorry for the inconvenience. Hope this doesn´t take to much of your time...

*Ahem* Sorry, this is a bit awkward, but i think i have to pass on the hc membership. Given that hc membership applications isn´t exactly spamming this thread and the sheer distance to hc island, i can easily see that you could get very isolated out there. And since there´s no membership hopping, and even though i don´t like tp, it would be sad to see this server ruined for me just from taking the wrong decision early on. Cold feet.

Really, really sorry for the inconvenience. Hope this doesn´t take to much of your time...
    It is important that people understand the magnitude of a decision like this. If folks are not 100% sure then they shouldn't apply. There's nothing wrong with not applying Hope to see you on the server when it's open.

Hey there,

I would be interested in joining the hardcore faction. I'd like to ask some questions beforehand though.

Will we still be able to use mods like smart moving or more player models? I just got so used to the freedom smart moving gives and it's just more immersive than normal movement.

Also, could you give a rough estimation on how many players will play hardcore?

Thanks in advance,

Nex

Smart Moving: yes.

How many (active) HardCore members: your guess is as good as ours

Hard Core area is officially ready and the original post has been updated to reflect how Hard Core will operate when the server is released publicly.