Lazy Idle Couch Potato Heptagon_ru's Avatar

Unhappy Graphite can be pretty rare, in schist only.

Few days ago there was a bug found in TFC b79.14 (at least): graphite only spawns in schist. I.e. it stopped spawning in marble, gneiss and quartzite. It will be fixed in .15:
    http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/7...wns-in-schist/

It's not clear if the issue appeared exactly in .14. I have asked there about the exact build this issue was introduced.

So let's see what the answer will be, and if it's bad, e.g. the issue appeared in b79.1 - that means the pre-generated world is affected - then let's discuss how we can improve the situation with much less graphite available in comparison with b78. Or maybe there's no problem at all, I don't know TFC guts too well.

Good catch. Hopefully this issue cropped up in a later build. We'll just have to wait and see for a bit.

Yeah, graphite is the new nickel 8P

Sad news: graphite bug was introduced at porting to MC 1.7.10, so starts from b79.0 TFC build.

I guess it could be cool to calculate approximate graphite availability on the server to see if it's potentially enough. For this the mentioned in the TFC forum post third-party software can be used on a portion of the backup copy of HD world and a newly generated e.g. with the same seed .15 world. To compare the graphite amounts between worlds.
    The pictures in TFC thread show pretty big amount of graphite, but they were taken from a special test world with graphite spawn possibility artificially increased for research purposes.

If things are bad, an announcement for players could be cool, in some science-finction-joke manner. A mad scientist NPC at Spawn?

If things are extremely bad ... idk. Partial chunk regen?

Possible use npc to trade graphite for kao?
    Would have to find and mine kao to use it with graphite anyways.

Or better yet, ask politely if the TFC devs will consider adding retro-active ore gen for graphite on the TFC forum: http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/7...wns-in-schist/

Frankly, I don't understand what it is - retro-active ore gen )) Surely it would be cool if some easier way exists

It's ore generation that works after a world has already been generated. Basically it adds the missing ores to an existing world that doesn't have them.

So it would be less heavy load then chunk resetting, but still a heavy one, like WE-editing of millions of blocks? So server will be stopped for maintenance for some time? Maybe the approx time could be seen by editing a backup copy first, right? Ok, thanks, I understand better now. Let's hope TFC team will help with that.