Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Outdated, see new post. HappyDiggers TFC b79 server

This is not the current info, this is older info from previous server, left for future reference.

The HappyDiggers TFC server attempts to stay as close as possible to the TFC experience. Players joining only need to have the latest TFC installed. The server has no whitelist and is open to anyone as long as they are friendly to other players and the staff. Please read through the information below and follow the rules.

Rules
    Spoiler!

Features
    Spoiler!

Server specs
    Spoiler!

Server IP: tfc.happydiggers.net:4000

TeamSpeak: ts.happydiggers.net
    Dynmap for Regular TFC world: http://tfc.happydiggers.net (Anyone can view the map. To chat it requires in-game registration using /dynmap webregister)
    Dynmap for Hardcore TFC world: http://tfchc.happydiggers.net
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/HappyDiggers
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/HappyDiggers

Some useful commands and info
    Read the signs at spawn, they are there for a reason.
    Spoiler!

Hard Core Group
    Spoiler!

Mod-whitelist
    Spoiler!

After months of hard work by dozens of volunteers we are now ready to launch the new and improved HappyDiggers TFC b79 server.

The server IP is:
    tfc.happydiggers.net:4000

So as always, please enjoy your stay and use in-game tickets or the forum if you need help

The server is now open.
    Last edited by Rainnmannx; 19th May 2016 at 00:32.

WARNING

Do NOT place hot food or hot ingots in vessels or barrels. It will cause a server crash and the only way to remedy it is to remove it in a 3rd party client. If a person does do it, their area will likely be regenerated without regard to their base and items.

This is no longer relevant since the server was updated to TFC 79.15.

Just to be clear. Until the server is updated to TFC 79.15 do not put anything hot in a barrel.

This time I took the time to download the region file and locate the affected block inside of MCEdit and removed it. Trust me, that's not fun to do. Next time I'll probably just delete the entire chunk and whomever's base happens to be in that chunk. So don't put hot stuff in barrels until the next TFC build. Thanks!

again?
    *If is this the case, what kind of retarded can not read the message that Jiro sent.

Yes, again. Today at 10:51 CET the idtiot was: mathiaspop.

I'll be editing out the block again. Server will be down until that is done. I'll also set a huge join message warning people.

And the server is back. I've added the follow subtle hint to the message of the day every player sees when they join:
    Spoiler!

I hope that's subtle enough :B

This is not longer relevant since the server was updated to 79.15.

The server has been updates to TerraFirmaCraft 0.79.15.538

Please update your clients before you join. As always you can find the latest version on the download page. And while you are there, please read the change log as well to see what's new.

This update should fix the issue where putting hot items into a barrel would crash the server. I've also taken down the warning for this when players join the server.

And one more announcement. Last night I noticed that the TFC server instance was using around 7GB of RAM. The old b78 server ran using 6GB of RAM and still had a bit to spare when the server was full. Guess the move to Minecraft 1.7.10 causes the server to use a bit more RAM. I've increased the amount of RAM to 10GB for the TFC instance so there should be plenty for now. If not, then I'll just add some more

Are you planning to revert a few blocks of land for graphite generation or do you want me to build a little machine at spawn which gives graphite each morning (I'm thinking a randomiser that makes it say 1/18 chance to get the graphite). If that sounds good I could integrate it into the seed dispenser.

Quote Originally Posted by Pernix_8D View Post
    Are you planning to revert a few blocks of land for graphite generation or do you want me to build a little machine at spawn which gives graphite each morning (I'm thinking a randomiser that makes it say 1/18 chance to get the graphite). If that sounds good I could integrate it into the seed dispenser.

Personally I'm not a fan of giving out graphite no matter how small. I was planning on doing a lot of regenerations around the world in large uninhabited areas and if some of my strata tests work (ore not being removed/moved after regen) then possibly doing some underground regens in the inhabited regions as well. The world is big enough and diverse enough that people have been making the schist environment graphite work. Many folks have crucibles, etc on the mainland. The problem is that Hard Core has no schist environment unless it's under 2 layers of strata (lvl 50 and under). The original plan was to regenerate all of the Hard Core area after the update so I'll start with that in the next few days. If all goes well I'll move on to the main world, or you can too

Ah, too easy then.