Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Is smart moving enabled on the server or should i not waste my time installing it?
    :P

Quote Originally Posted by jentax18 View Post
    Is smart moving enabled on the server or should i not waste my time installing it?
    :P
    Not this time.

The server has been updated with the following changelog:
    • New HardCore world was added (not yet open for business, needs testing)
    • Mod-control added (the mod-whitelist)
    • Shopkeepers removed (wasn't used)
    • Vault removed (we don't have an economy, everything is free)
    • Dynmap updated
    • OpenInv updated
    • WorldBorder updated
    • WorldGuard updated

Around 8:30 PM PST (5:30 AM CET) the server was restarted so VanishNoPacket and Citizens2 could be re-added. Upon start up Towny went into Safe mode. I spent a fair amount of time troubleshooting it, using backups up to 2 weeks old, etc. As it turns out there was a corrupted town named "bboys_dream" which was registered in towny but not in the world and caused some sort of fatal error that I couldn't bypass. Using MySQL I was able to remove it from the database directly and Towny seems to be operating fine now. The server is back up and kicking for those that have been waiting for an update.

That happens from time to time. Nice work figuring it out and solving the problem

To try to keep things running smoothly we are going to enforce some restrictions. These restrictions are on a per town basis. Meaning each town may have:

• 4 mature animals of each kind. This means: 4 cows, 4 pigs, 4 horses, etc. All mature, not counting young animals.
    • 1 plot of berry bushes. This means 16x16 = 256 bushes. They may be in more than one plot, but 256 max.
    • 2 plots of tilled soil farmland. This means 512 blocks. They may be in more than two plots, but 512 max.
    • 1 of each kind of fruit tree. (red apple, green apple, banana, peach, etc.)
    • 1 of each kind of anvil. (copper, bronze, wrought iron, steel, etc.)

About bushes limit.

Why if I don't have any animals and soil farmlands I can't have more bushes? If the only reason is to reduce server lags, then I will produce less entities then other towns with animals and farms. Or you could extand limits for VIP or donate group . Anyway I'm very disappointed that my imagination and garden is limited by server rules.

I can replace many bushes in outposts (like Altafar or Babylon), but I need permissions for that.

Quote Originally Posted by tenterro View Post
    About bushes limit.

Why if I don't have any animals and soil farmlands I can't have more bushes? If the only reason is to reduce server lags, then I will produce less entities then other towns with animals and farms. Or you could extand limits for VIP or donate group . Anyway I'm very disappointed that my imagination and garden is limited by server rules.

I can replace many bushes in outposts (like Altafar or Babylon), but I need permissions for that.
    You can see the reasoning on the Server disconnect problem thread. It's not about server lag, though it does help, it's about the tile entity threshold. Essentially when the threshold is reached most if not everyone will be timed out and there doesn't seem to be a way to avoid that, which is why we instituted new regulations limiting tile-entities. Server outposts will be edited as well, but since you're no longer a builder you won't be able to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro_89 View Post
    You can see the reasoning on the Server disconnect problem thread. It's not about server lag, though it does help, it's about the tile entity threshold. Essentially when the threshold is reached most if not everyone will be timed out and there doesn't seem to be a way to avoid that, which is why we instituted new regulations limiting tile-entities. Server outposts will be edited as well, but since you're no longer a builder you won't be able to do that.
    I see. But there's no bushes in the list of the most numerous entities. And there are many fruit trees at spawn, the most popular place where people meet. So I think it's the first place that should be optimized.
    Don't you think that many NPCs at spawn could also produce many unnecessary recods?

All I ask for is just review the rule

• 1 plot of berry bushes. This means 16x16 = 256 bushes. They may be in more than one plot, but 256 max.
    • 2 plots of tilled soil farmland. This means 512 blocks. They may be in more than two plots, but 512 max.

to

• 3 plots of berry bushes or soil farmland. This means 738 blocks summary of bushes or soil farmland. They may be in more than one plot, but 738 max.

In summary this is the same for the server.