Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Both HappyDiggers TFC servers have been updated to TerraFirmaCraft 0.79.19.706. You can find the download to this latest version here: http://terrafirmacraft.com/download.html

Please be sure to read the changelog to see what's new and fixed: http://terrafirmacraft.com/change_log.html

The servers have been updated to TerraFirmaCraft 0.79.20.710 and Forge v10.13.4.1448. You can download this version here: http://terrafirmacraft.com/download.html

Please be sure to also update Forge on your clients.

The servers have been updated to TerraFirmaCraft 0.79.22.761. Also Lockette has been mostly fixed. To use Lockette you need to place a sign in front of the container you wish to lock. Below is an example of how to lock a tool rack. This also works for chests, barrels, etc.

Place a tool rack like you normally would.

If it's one block up, place a block on the floor in front of it on which you can place a sign. The sign needs to be right in front of the tool rack at the same height.

Write the following lines on the sign:
    Code:
    [private]
    YourPlayerName

The sign then sticks to the tool rack. It floats in front of it. It may look stupid, but it'll protect your tool rack.

Even TNT can't hurt it now:

This also works for chests, barrels, etc.

Won't an ingot stack be destroyed anyway if you break the block beneath?

Not if you setup your ingot stack on a log pile that has a lockette sign on it. You can do the same with a protection meter. There are two examples in the regular TFC world spawn next to "Ingot Man" you can reference

Well at least if I write someone else's name on the logpile, I won't be losing all my ingots due to general incompetence anymore thanks.

You can add names to the signs, right click the sign the use /lockette 3 name, the 3 is the line number you want to use.

This week I have purchased new hardware for our server. The upgrade is going to allow us to run 3 large TFC servers where we currently have only 2. Plans for those new servers are still in the early stages and it's going to be a while before they become active.

The new server will have an Intel Core i7 5820K 6-core CPU which I'll clock at 4GHz and 64GB of RAM. The new hardware cost around €1086,- and is payed for out of my pocket. The upgrade will allow us to roughtly double the amount of Minecraft servers we are currently running.

As always we'll keep TFC free to play on our server. However we will be introducing a new (additional) server for people who are willing to support our community through donations which will offer some nice perks. This will be a pay to enter server in accordance with Mojang's EULA meaning every player on that server is equal. Also we're not going to be giving players in-game items like some other servers do. This is TFC, get your own stuff!

If you have questions or suggestions please share and stay tuned for updates

Since TerraFirmaCraft 0.79.28.908 was released there has been a serious issue with food decay. See reported issue here: http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/9...sian-roulette/

This issue will not be fixed as the TFC devs are hard at work on TFC 2. So we have decided to change the TFC config on our servers to work around this problem. LarsonPacific has done extensive research into this problem going as far as to reviewing the TFC source code to find the rout cause of this problem. His recommendation is as follows:

Quote Originally Posted by LarsonPacific View Post
    I think decayProtectionDays=6 would be a good starting point. It allows for decay of food normally for food in players' inventories and in chunks loaded at least every ~2 real life hours, exactly as it does now, but should mitigate the lottery effect. If a player butchers a pig and logs off for an hour to eat, they will still get normal decay, but if they go to bed or work and log back on 8 hours later, they should be able to reliably pick up where they left off, which I think is reasonable. It basically will just treat players as being "in the game" for ~2 hours after logoff, instead of the current ~9 before applying the decayProtection mechanic, which given the playing habits of the regular players on the server, is a more reasonable figure... as I've not observed that when the average regular player logs out on HD, that it will "be at a minimum of 12 if not 18 hours before they log in again"

Am not sure where they came up with that number... but it sure wasn't here :P
    I have set the following config option:
    I:decayProtectionDays=6 (from default 24)
    If you experience anymore problems with food decay please let us know.