Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 60
  1. #1
    Cake! InsaneJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cakeville
    Posts
    4,685
    Blog Entries
    21

    Server mod-whitelist. These are the mods you can (optionally) use on our server.

    The HappyDiggers TFC server now uses a mod-whitelist. This means that players may only have certain mods installed when they join our server. To be absolutely clear. You only need TerraFirmaCraft installed to be able to join, nothing else.

    We have taken this measure in an attempt to prevent server instability and mass disconnects that happen from time to time.

    The following list are OPTIONAL mods. They are all client-side mods that enhance visuals or provide extra information like mini-maps, tool tips and damage indicators.
    • ArmorStatusHUD
    • BetterFoliage
    • bspkrsCore
    • CodeChickenCore
    • DamageIndicatorsMod
    • DynamicLights (Be sure to update config for tfc torches.)
    • DynamicLights_creepers
    • DynamicLights_dropItems
    • DynamicLights_entityClasses
    • DynamicLights_flameArrows
    • DynamicLights_floodLights
    • DynamicLights_mobEquipment
    • DynamicLights_onFire
    • DynamicLights_otherPlayers
    • DynamicLights_thePlayer
    • FastCraft
    • HardcoreDarkness
    • journeymap
    • MobiusCore
    • NotEnoughItems
    • OpenEye
    • Opis (Use this instead of MapWriter, it's the same)
    • ReiMinimap
    • Schematica and LunatriusCore
    • ShowDurability2
    • TerraFirmaCraftNEIplugin
    • voxelmap
    • Waila
    • wawla
    • Zan's minimap

    We have chosen not to include Fastcraft. This mod is obsolete since the chunk generating problem was fixed in the current Forge version and it doesn't run on Cauldron. In regard to chunk loading (not generating) you are better off using Optifine. It is known to not only increase performance significantly, it also prevents certain crashes due to bugs in TFC in regard to fruit trees in b78 and b79.

    If you would like us to add any other mods to this list, please use the following form:
    <hr>[/HR]Mod name:
    Mod website/forum post: (url)
    Why do you want us to allow this mod?:
    <hr>[/HR]
    Last edited by Rainnmannx; 21st February 2017 at 21:43.

  2. #2
    Mod is no longer needed.

    On the top of my head:

    Mod name: FastCraft

    Mod website/forum post: http://forum.industrial-craft.net/in...threadID=10820
    Why do you want us to allow this mod?: It is recommended to use by TFC.

    To fix this and many other issues with minecraft performance it is highly recommended that you use FastCraft by Player . This mod is optional and can be run by both a server or client to correct issues with vanilla code.
    -taken from: http://terrafirmacraft.com/download.html

    though, you could be avoiding this for a reason, I don't really know.
    Last edited by Versabane; 11th January 2015 at 23:49.

  3. #3
    Cake! InsaneJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cakeville
    Posts
    4,685
    Blog Entries
    21
    I've updated the opening post of this thread saying we don't allow Fascraft. Perhaps at the same time as you were writing your post

    We have chosen not to allow Fastcraft for two reasons:
    1. Cauldron does not support Fastcraft.
    2. The current version of Forge has fixed the chunk loading issue which has plagued Minecraft 1.7.10 for a really long time. This means Fastcraft has become obsolete.

  4. #4
    It's su..s!!!

    I can not log in.
    Why?
    I have no more mods
    just these:
    CodeChickenCore-1.7.10-1.0.3.26-universal
    NotEnoughItems-1.7.10-1.0.3.56-universal
    Reis-Minimap-Mod-1.7.10
    Last edited by _Luala_; 12th January 2015 at 00:37.

  5. #5
    No inventory tweaks? I logged in earlier today with them, but now its not letting me on with them.

    EDIT: Oh, I didn't know this post was literally an hour or two ago.
    Last edited by Bulldoggy22; 12th January 2015 at 01:05.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldoggy22 View Post
    No inventory tweaks? I logged in earlier today with them, but now its not letting me on with them.
    inventory tweaks?what's that?

  7. #7
    Cake! InsaneJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cakeville
    Posts
    4,685
    Blog Entries
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by _Luala_ View Post
    It's su..s!!!

    I can not log in.
    Why?
    I have no more mods
    just these:
    CodeChickenCore-1.7.10-1.0.3.26-universal
    NotEnoughItems-1.7.10-1.0.3.56-universal
    Reis-Minimap-Mod-1.7.10
    Those mods are all on the whitelist. When you try to log in, it will tell you the first mod it finds that you have installed that is not allowed. It looks a little like the screenshot below:

    In this screenshot the server found a client which tried to connect while it had FastCraft installed.

    Please do what the message sais and remove the mods you aren't supposed to be using. If you are not sure which mods are OK, remove all of them except for TerraFirmaCraft and try again.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJ View Post
    Those mods are all on the whitelist. When you try to log in, it will tell you the first mod it finds that you have installed that is not allowed. It looks a little like the screenshot below:

    In this screenshot the server found a client which tried to connect while it had FastCraft installed.

    Please do what the message sais and remove the mods you aren't supposed to be using. If you are not sure which mods are OK, remove all of them except for TerraFirmaCraft and try again.
    YES!
    I got this!
    but I have NOT FastCraft - I do not know what is it!

    I have been looking forward to for over an hour to get a response
    or at least to be noticed I have a problem with logging in!!!

    Thanks for answer!
    re-downloaded the launcer and removed all mods from mods folder!
    and I can not log in still not!
    I just would like to know: why?



    now, I tried log in again and I got this:



    what is that McMultipart?
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by _Luala_; 12th January 2015 at 02:14.

  9. #9
    Alright, i'll make it official then.

    Mod name: Inventory Tweaks
    Mod website/forum post: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1288184-inventory-tweaks-1-58-july-25
    Why do you want us to allow this mod?: So I can organize my inventory and chests with one click.



  10. #10
    Cake! InsaneJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cakeville
    Posts
    4,685
    Blog Entries
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by _Luala_ View Post
    YES!
    I got this!
    but I have NOT FastCraft - I do not know what is it!

    I have been looking forward to for over an hour to get a response
    or at least to be noticed I have a problem with logging in!!!

    Thanks for answer!
    re-downloaded the launcer and removed all mods from mods folder!
    and I can not log in still not!
    I just would like to know: why?



    now, I tried log in again and I got this:
    The screenshot I posted was an example. It was taken on my PC, not on yours

    The screenshot you posted shows you are trying to connect using McMultipart. This mod can often be found in the Minecraft\mods\1.7.10 directory
    If you delete all the mods that use McMultipart and the 1.7.10 directory, you may be able to join.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldoggy22 View Post
    Alright, i'll make it official then.

    Mod name: Inventory Tweaks
    Mod website/forum post: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1288184-inventory-tweaks-1-58-july-25
    Why do you want us to allow this mod?: So I can organize my inventory and chests with one click.
    We have thought about this mod. It's really useful and we have it in our two mod packs: HappyDiggers AMP & RPG. However it rearranges inventories client-side and communicates that to the server. TFC is notorious for changing the way (player)inventories work. Iventory Tweaks basically does things no human player can do: rearrange an inventory super fast. We're not sure if this causes the problems we're trying to solve. For this reason I'm reluctant to allow this mod at this time.

    First I'd like to see if the mod-whitelist will help with the mass disconnects and periodic lag-spikes. Maybe we'll add Iventory Tweaks later. We will definitely keep it in mind as it's a very useful mod.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •