Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerokin View Post
    I'd hate to bump this thread for this but I submitted a preview of the config and no reply after that. There is no need to make adjustments to the config since it looks for the sky. So in other words it "looks" for light from the sky.
    Sorry, I haven't gotten around to testing it on a local server yet. I'm quite busy at the moment, adding mods isn't very high on my priorities list right now.

I'll try to get the mods tested this week.

Quote Originally Posted by ngarg View Post
    Mod name: Item Physics

Link/URL: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums...ic-items-stone

Reason: Because it is a cool mod that adds better physics to item, this would be cool in TFC especially when I throw a torch onto a pit kiln.
    Thank you for the suggestion.

That mod requires both server and client side. I'm afraid that because of this we're not going to install this mod, sorry. We've always maintained the policy that players should only need to install TerraFirmaCraft in order to join our servers.

I haven't forgotten about you guys. I've just been busy with other grand things related to our TFC server. Read about it here if you missed it.

Lightbulb Hardcore Darkness Mod Suggestion

Mod name: Hardcore Darkness

Mod website/forum post: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/pro...dcore-darkness

Why do you want us to allow this mod?
    I have two main reasons for it:
    1. Makes TFC even more believable - removes all minimum light from blocks and sky (3 config options for these), so everything goes completely dark during night/when in caves!
    2. Makes really good company to already whitelist-ed DynamicLights

I did testing in singleplayer using TFC 0.79.29.922 running on Forge10.13.4.1558-1.7.10 with LiteLoader. Hardcore Darkness seems to be also working fine along with other mods, such as Optifine (HD Ultra D1), DynamicLights (all components except UpdateCheckerMod-1.7.10.jar which seems to be not allowed in the whitelist for some reason), Fastcraft, BetterFoliage etc...

Note: I know that this mod can be loaded server-side and then requires players to have it installed. However, the description on Curse doesn't say anything about the mod needs to be installed on the server (I did testing in singleplayer, only - punch me if I'm wrong )

Thanks for your time on reviewing this!
    Elbe97/Elborax

Quote Originally Posted by Elbe97 View Post
    However, the description on Curse doesn't say anything about the mod needs to be installed on the server (I did testing in singleplayer, only - punch me if I'm wrong )
    A few details from: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/pro...dcore-darkness
    "If you install this mod on a server all clients will have to have Hardcore Darkness installed. Clients will also be forced to use the config file you specify on your server."

And from the post above:
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJ View Post
    We've always maintained the policy that players should only need to install TerraFirmaCraft in order to join our servers.
    However, the last word hasn't been said yet
    Good suggestion, btw

AFAIK you can have Hardcore darkness client-side only and then it works as expected: whoever has it, stays in the dark, whoever doesn't, still sees (some) light at night.

I could probably do a test in the afternoon...

Quote Originally Posted by galros View Post
    A few details from: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/pro...dcore-darkness
    "If you install this mod on a server all clients will have to have Hardcore Darkness installed. Clients will also be forced to use the config file you specify on your server."
    Yes, I am aware of this statement, but I understood it a little bit differently, sorry. According to the note I added to my previous post:

Quote Originally Posted by Elbe97 View Post
    Note: I know that this mod can be loaded server-side and then requires players to have it installed. However, the description on Curse doesn't say anything about the mod needs to be installed on the server (I did testing in singleplayer, only - punch me if I'm wrong )
    I am aware of the HappyDiggers' mod policy and I understand and truly respect it. But, the mod description states that if we were to install (× add to whitelist) the mod to the server, it'll ask the clients to have it installed too (I think this does not make it obligatory to have it installed both client and server-side imo). However, I am not an expert, so who knows, of course you can be right and I am speaking nonsense here.

//EDIT: Did testing on a local Forge server (same version of Forge & TFC as mentioned before) - I was able to login and use Hardcore Darkness without it being installed to the server, only clientside. (Can provide screenshots/configs/other info if needed)
    Last edited by Elbe97; 7th February 2017 at 11:26.

Just to let you know we are discussing it right now, when we have an answer will post it

As I said - I like your suggestion I hope it gets approved

Quote Originally Posted by Rainnmannx View Post
    Just to let you know we are discussing it right now, when we have an answer will post it
    So after more than a week, do we have any final words to the suggestion(s) yet?
    I know you are probably busy with more important things, I am just curious