New Spawned

Question glowstone in TFC (and more)

is it possible to add a way to gain glowstone in TFC servers? ex) villager trades, dispensers, ...

we all know that TerraFirmaCraft is still missing some crafting recipes, such as rotten flesh and gems. So I think that we should try to add those recipes in the server to make the game more fun.

this is my first time opening a thread, thanks for reading!
    Last edited by Kodo98; 16th May 2016 at 04:41.

Sorry, but no. Let me explain why.

On the previous server finding, fixing road grief and banning road griefers was almost a full time job. So on this server we decided to do things a little differently.

We used only vanilla blocks for out public works such as roads and outposts. Then we created a script that denies regular player access to break vanilla blocks. If we were to change this behavior we'd have to come up with a different way to protect the roads as we don't want to go back to the situation we had on the previous server.

Setting up worldguard regions across all of the roads is not a fun job to do and it would take a lot of time to complete. Also it would impact server performance as it would result in several thousand regions. And if we did this then people wouldn't be able to connect their roads to the public roads. We'd have to lay down the last chunk or so.

All of this means that we're not going to give out vanilla blocks to players as they would basically behave as bedrock: once placed they can not be removed.

TFC has torches, jack o' lanterns and oil lamps. Players will have to make due with those.

Lazy Idle Couch Potato Heptagon_ru's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodo98 View Post
    is it possible to add a way to gain glowstone in TFC servers? ex) villager trades, dispensers, ...

we all know that TerraFirmaCraft is still missing some crafting recipes, such as rotten flesh and gems. So I think that we should try to add those recipes in the server to make the game more fun.

this is my first time opening a thread, thanks for reading!
    Btw, why do you even need glowstone? And what do you mean by "missing crafting recipes for rotten flesh and gems"?

Freebie TFC is pretty much vanilla TFC in terms of crafting. "By holy will of divine Bioxx and Kitty, be their names prised".

If you don't like vanilla or it is not enough for you, there is the Technode server, with much much much much ... much more than glowstone, rotten flesh and gems.

I have to say it, too. Glowstone? Why? C'mon blue steel lamps are awesome!
    Enabling at least glowstone dust would still result in going all the way back to normal Minecraft again - we don't want brewing stands in TFC!

(Maybe it's time to suggest a huge Rotten Flesh Update to the TFC devs? Maybe they'd implement it in TFC2 )