Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hard Core World Reset

Well folks, staff have spent a lot of time trying to fix the Hard Core World ever since the server migration. We have explored many avenues and attempted several different approaches to the problem with little to no progress. There is little indication on how long a fix would take either through our work or from the TFC developers.

Based on the feedback I have been receiving from the HC community and based on the "feedback" the current HC World has been giving us, we have decided that it would be in the best interest of the HC community to have a world reset. We understand the frustration that can accompany a reset, particularly an unplanned one and we sincerely apologize. We would not be choosing this option unless administration felt that it was the best course of action.

We will be using a different seed to (hopefully) prevent another massive northwest ocean like the current HC World has. Everybody who joins the new HC World will be given a fresh start. HC members are always free to play in the regular TFC World or in the Lobby as well.

What if the problem occurs again in the new hc world? :s
    http://i.imgur.com/v4naT6Q.png

o we will have to gather everything again?

Am I weird that I like world resets? Mmm, minty fresh map to explore!

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorfos View Post
    What if the problem occurs again in the new hc world? :s
    I can't speak definitively that it won't, but we have been running the regular TFC server without any issues like this since day one and it's still going. Making a new world on its own server instance shouldn't be an issue, and if it is then we will have even more evidence to support faulty coding and bug testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatosll View Post
    o we will have to gather everything again?
    Yes, as I said it would be a fresh start for everyone. It would give players an unfair advantage against others if some started with items while others didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatosll View Post
    Will /kit TFC work?
    Not on the hardcore world, no

The new world is being pre-generated as we speak. We're making the world 77% larger. It's going to be 40.000 x 40.000 blocks instead of 30.000 x 30.000.

Chunk generation in TFC is very slow. Which is why we need to pre-generate the chunks to begin with :B It's going at a rate of about 2% per hour. After that's done Dynmap needs to render the entire map. So it'll take about 3 days before we can open up the new hardcore world.

Will everyone in hc get a new bed and boat?
    And will we have to remake our towns and nations?
    Last edited by Gregory_0305; 29th April 2015 at 23:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory_0305 View Post
    Will everyone in hc get a new bed and boat?
    And will we have to remake our towns and nations?
    It's a new world. There are no towns or nations. "Fresh Start"

The beds and boats addition have been removed for nearly a month now, so no.

Will it be running 79.18?