Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    Some people will be disappointed, some people will be happy. This is always the case when things change.

I've tried to find a common ground that would allow the majority of players to be happy about the new situation, while also making it really worth it for people to donate and thus help out our community financially.

I'm new to this forum, but not new to TFC or TnFC. I played on Happy Diggers for some time, but that was about a year ago, then I moved on to "modded" TFC.

I'm insanely (no pun intended ) happy that Happy Diggers will open a TnFC server. To date I played on two public servers, but both folded (the first for sure, the second I'm not certain, but it is more off than on). Happy Diggers has a solid reputation and I really, really hope that this one will stay on for a LONG time. Thank you for starting it! I will be eagerly awaiting the launch announcement

I have a question also: will there be any help in initial dispersing of the players or does everybody have to walk to their intended destination? I will go far away in any case (I've already found a promising spot on dynmap), but I wonder if the initial settlements will be very spawn-centered or more evenly distributed on the map.

The TnFC mod pack is using a ton more resources than just TFC. So we urge players to start towns together. The more players that start their own town all by themselves, the more resources are used. Once all the resources are used up, things start to lag.

Because of this we'd much rather see 1 town with 10 players, than 5 towns with 2 players each. Bigger towns are key to keeping things running smoothly. Right now we don't know how the server will perform in the future when people start building all kinds of contraptions. We may have to set additional limits like we've done for the TFC stuff.

So in short: we're not setting up an initial dispersion of players because that would send players to all parts of the map instead of encouraging them to work closely together inside towns.

You can play HardCore style on the freebie tfc server, just don't use teleports, and toggle mob protection off in town, and there you have it

Yup, that's pretty much it

I'll continue this discussion here since the other thread got a bit heated

Quote Originally Posted by LadyZ View Post
    ...but all we are saying is maybe find a better way to recoup some of the costs, one that will both bring in residual income and make Everyone happy.

With that said, how about offering a monthly 'package' where the people that play on the Freebie server have the option to pay for more set homes or more outposts for the town, shorter teleport cool-down or something in that nature. If they don't continue to pay, then they don't have those perks. And please keep in mind, that the majority of people that play are kids and young adults, who may not have a lot of money. But that would be money coming in Every month, not just the one-time fee.
    This was my first suggestion actually. To have a monthly subscription kind of thing. However a lot of people complained about this because in the end it's more expensive for players. So we switched to the current model: a one time donation for access as long as we run our servers.

Now that we are using MinecraftMarket I'm considering adding a monthly package. We are having some technical issues with MM right now (donors are registered, but not added to the servers automatically so I have to do that manually right now), but when those get resolved I'll do some experimenting so see if it can reliably grant monthly access. I'm thinking maybe have a one month donor pass for 5 euro. This way players can try out the donor servers before committing to the larger (but ultimately cheaper) one time donation.

--------------

This thread is closed.
    New thread here:
    https://happydiggers.net/showthread....hardware-stuff