Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 54.55%
  • No

5 45.45%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone else want a new map?

I've gotten bored of the map. In a couple days it will be 3 months since a new map. Spawn seems to have became a ghost town, and not many new people have been joining. Most resources have been mined, and people have gotten insane amounts of items (including myself) I'm trying to start over by giving away all my diamond, but I don't want to travel the 2500 blocks to find ores. Anyone else agree?

Also and if a new map happens maybe have factions instead of towny? In my opinion factions has more options, and fun to it. The power system also challenges people more to survive.

RE: Anyone else want a new map?

Ok, Logan I can see where you are coming from but people have gotten to settle in and when the servers resets I hate that so much because the town people who are the owners of the town are still working on the towns and then once i get settled in I get screwed because the server resets and I get so sad when it does so my vote it not to reset the server ever and if the are no matirials the. Go caving where no one has been so Dom please don't reset the map
    ~Ryan~

I honestly don't care.

Well running one server is a challenge, who would run the new one?
    Loser with no social life...

Yes the map gets boring boring and ... more boring so what I think i will like to be is a yes.... BUT we need to get something that can generate better maps (the map generator above 1.8 is a pain..). I've sen some mods that can generate 1.7.3 maps like and is compatible with SMP too. Also is a fresh start for other people and for those that are sad of lost things (like slash with the village he lost because of a outpost that we all know who made it :dodgy: )

Or maybe we could wait till 1.3 is released. With the new cocoa bean pods, Giant biomes and all that crazy stuff, the world might just be as awesome as a 1.7.3 world.

how about donating and using that map or using the portals to travel ....or even coming back to spawn and building the server up in that area and spreading out from there ...just suggestions lets hope dom can import the shops and villages and stuff into the new map or its a lot of work yet again if decides to get new map not to mention all the work that everyone has put into keeping the server running and safe ....i some how think its going to be a no ;p
    [size=x-large]Earth Defense Force now that\'s new school retro ...[/size]

Building near spawn... you mean like we're doing in Aurora? Or are you talking about the Vanilla server?

I have some plans to introduce new servers soon. One would be a hardcore server which resets the banlist each week. Basically you play on the server, but when you die you get banned. Then you have to wait a week before you can join again. That might be exiting for those who want a higher difficulty setting.

The other idea was to have a snapshot server. A new snapshot, and a new map every week. A place to try out the latest and greatest Minecraft has to offer.

Those servers would run on the same machine as where the Vanilla server is running.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJ
    Building near spawn... you mean like we're doing in Aurora? Or are you talking about the Vanilla server?

I have some plans to introduce new servers soon. One would be a hardcore server which resets the banlist each week. Basically you play on the server, but when you die you get banned. Then you have to wait a week before you can join again. That might be exiting for those who want a higher difficulty setting.

The other idea was to have a snapshot server. A new snapshot, and a new map every week. A place to try out the latest and greatest Minecraft has to offer.

Those servers would run on the same machine as where the Vanilla server is running.
    brilliant idea's like the sound of them especially the hard setting one ...as for building near spawn im talking about the ones that went 1000's of blocks away and now moan that spawn is like a ghost town ...:P:P
    [size=x-large]Earth Defense Force now that\'s new school retro ...[/size]

Haha, yeah. On the Vanilla server things got a little out of hand. I think Marius traveled 100.000 blocks away from spawn to build his town. I build a tower 30.000 blocks away, and I know of a few others who have traveled 20.000+ blocks to get away from spawn

But at least Mupje and I have moved back closer to Spawn. It's a 1 minute train ride through the nether to get to our place now. Majiman and Zelphor live near my portal.

You can get to Dom's and flyinginstyle's places in about the same amount of time. The train station in the nether is safe to travel now so everybody should give it a go