Thread: Gaming Blog

Gaming Blog

Howdy,

I have just created a new blog for school. All it contains at the mo is 1 article, that I have just published.

The gig for this website is for a portfolio, I'm looking into freelance writing and its always good to have some experience behind you in writing blog posts.

Check it out:
    http://platformperf.weebly.com

It is still .weebly, as I don't have the money for my own domain on the web imo, hopefully ill be able to have it .com or .net some time in the future.

thx

I have plans to perhaps do podcasts, but first ill need a new microphone

Looking good ethe.

Don't worry about your mic, just start recording. There's a lot of stuff you can do to increase sound quality in post

Lazy Idle Couch Potato Heptagon_ru's Avatar
    My very subjective remarks:

1. The menu of the site looks slightly too big for me. When I select BLOGS->Gaming, the only thing which changes on the page is the title in the bottom of the page ("Home page" -> "Gaming news & reviews"), and sometimes it is hard to notice this change. E.g. I click the menu and temporarily switch to another tab to let your page load. Then I switch back and don't notice any difference and click menu again. Honestly, done this twice until got what is the trick.

2. Also personally I don't like that I have to click and then scroll to even start reading. And it is not obvious that some big text appeared under the header, I can understand it only by looking to the scroller element in my browser. I would prefer one click to lead me to content. But your design has its attractivity, so ... subjective

3. Why the picture is shifted to the left, to the edge of the screen? Maybe it is my Firefox browser? When shifted so far left, it looks broken and not a part of the text flow. The cut of Lucky 38 tower increases this feeling, making me think the picture shifted a bit further then the left edge, and I try to scroll page to the right ))

4. The picture is inserted in the middle of a sentence. I don't know what rules are here, but for me it is not comfortable to read unfinished sentence, scroll down and read 2 remaining words.

5. My personal perk: repeating same words in sentences. I think there is a rule that in adjancent sentences words should not be repeated (excluding minor ones), For me sometimes it rings a bell when they are repeated over one sentence:
    "I wish there was more to see. It was mainly one strip, and the town of Freeside for us to explore. I wish there was another city, more towns, more story in the world for us to enjoy. "
    Again - very subective.

6. I do not understand the sentence: "I feel that character creation more immersive, make it count." Maybe add "should be" after "character creation". Most likely it is my weak English

7. And the one where I feel no confidence in my English at all: "I completely annihilated a full town of people" - should it be "a town full of people"? I guess not, because it is some kind of emphasizing.

Aside these minor remarks, nice article, I liked it: fonts, text density, contrast and width, paragraph splitting and sub-title highlighting, and ideas ofc.

Btw, I have always thought that "character creation" is when you put points into S.K.I.L.L. sections.

Update: 8. "It is the third busiest mod distribution platforms." Should it be single?
    Last edited by Heptagon_ru; 21st September 2015 at 13:44. Reason: typos

Thanks for the feedback

Formatting is out of my hands unfortunately, weebly isn't great.
    It looks one way on the editing sheet, then a different way when it is posted.

You've caught me out on the 'town full of people'. I'll change that as soon as I'm back.

I'm certain its 'platform', I meant for it to be singular )

PS. Character Creation is at the start, what your face looks
    like, name etc.

Please give all the feedback you want, I don't take offence :B

in other news, i might have a gig writing articles for a gaming review site called Mouse n Joystick. It's not the biggest, but it's a place to start