Theft in Eastern Gate shop

Hello,

I'm running a shop at spawn (spawn, eastern gate, chunk 55, -779). Today DR4D_L0RD stole almost all goods from the shop. I hope I can get reimbursement so I can continue running the shop because I think that people find this shop useful and trading approach (self service) works pretty well most of the time. And I hope the offender can get a ban.

The list of stolen goods follows. It's hard to prove everything with prism because it seems like it has some kind of bug that keeps it from displaying all insert/remove events (which is alarming at least !). This list is based on the fact that I always keep droppers in my shop fully stocked (all 9 slots occupied) and ask my customers to put payment in the same slot when they take product. So I took "9" slots as a base and subtracted what is left in each dropper.

"Rental bucket" dropper:
    x1 red steel bucket

"Leather" box:
    9x4 leather

13 leather

"Charcoal" box:
    2x64 charcoal

"Coal" box:
    4x64 coal

128 coal

"Flux" box:
    x9 vessels of flux (4 stacks of flux in every vessel)

x7 vessels of flux (4 stacks of flux in every vessel)

"Jack o'Lantern" box:
    9x4 Lack o'Lanterns

8 Jacks

"Wool" box:
    9x2 wool

4 wool

"Rope" box:
    9x2 rope

12 rope

"Scythe" box:
    x9 black bronze scythe toolhead

41 black bronze ingots

"Shovel" box:
    x8 black bronze shovel toolhead

"Axe" box:
    x7 black bronze axe toolhead

"Chisel" box:
    x7 black bronze chisel toolhead

"Saw" box:
    x8 black bronze saw toolhead

"Propick" box:
    x7 black bronze propick toolhead

"Pickaxe" box:
    x4 black bronze pickaxe toolhead

"Catalogue" box:
    x1 book & quill (shop's catalogue)

If you can't restore actual tools (with my smiting bonus on them) I would like to get black bronze ingots instead so I can make new tools for sale.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Rainnmannx; 22nd November 2015 at 04:22.

Took what I could find and gave it back, I updated it to list the items that are still needed. Thanks.

Theft once again, this time by BuilderThePro.

Stolen:
    red steel bucket
    9x2 wool
    x4 black bronze axe head
    x1 black bronze saw
    x1 black bronze pickaxe
    some black bronze shovel heads (can't figure out how many -- we can skip that)

Some of tool heads could be replaced by legitimate customers by coal, charcoal, ingots or iron ore.

Looks like my shop attracts all kinds of criminals lately.

Maybe I need to add some kind of admission control ...

Bucket returned, tools have been used.

So now its:

13 leather
    128 coal
    7 vessels of 64x4 flux
    8 jacks
    22 wool
    12 rope
    47 black bronze ingots
    1 book and quill

This shop in it's current form is a bad idea. If players can steal by just opening an inventory and taking out the items, they will.

@Jiro, do the server's vending machines work with all TFC items? Would Mykytal be able to rework his shop to use hoppers for input to safely exchange items when he's not on the server?

We're not going to give out the command blocks we use for the server's vending machines. So if this works, the customer input hoppers should be closed with a piston+block when a certain item is not in stock. This way players won't get confused when a vending machine isn't giving out the desired item.

Though I'm not an expert on the server's vending machines, Jiro build them. I'd be willing to donate some materials to rebuild the shop with hoppers. Or perhaps Jiro would be willing to lend a hand?

I'm currently accepting {copper, silver, gold} ingots, charcoal, coal and iron ore as payment. To simplify design we could use copper ingots as basic payment currency: add charcoal-to-ingot (coal-to-ingot, etc ...) vending machines along with ingot-to-toolhead machines. So visitors in need of tool heads willing to pay with e.g. charcoal shall buy copper ingot first and then pay with it in tool head vending machine.

Seems like ingot-to-toolhead vending machine can be built with 3 vanilla hoppers, 2 comparators and 20 heads:
    1st hopper -- "input" -- is where visitor puts copper ingots. Output is connected to "filter" hopper (see below). This one is closed using redstone signal if vending machine is out of stock.
    2nd hopper -- "filter" -- is pre-filled with 1 copper ingot and 20 heads. Output is connected to comparator with two redstone dust and repeater following it. The repeater outputs "1" whenever one copper ingot is pushed to "filter" hopper from "input" hopper. This signal is fed to dropper (with tool heads) connected to a chest where visitor collects purchased goods, and via NOT gate fed back to "storage" hopper (see below).
    3rd hopper -- "storage" -- is placed under "filter" hopper is sucks ingots from it whenever it gets signal to do so.

I'm yet to make the design compact and debug issues arising when visitor places more than one ingot in a hopper.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJ View Post
    This shop in it's current form is a bad idea. If players can steal by just opening an inventory and taking out the items, they will.

@Jiro, do the server's vending machines work with all TFC items? Would Mykytal be able to rework his shop to use hoppers for input to safely exchange items when he's not on the server?

We're not going to give out the command blocks we use for the server's vending machines. So if this works, the customer input hoppers should be closed with a piston+block when a certain item is not in stock. This way players won't get confused when a vending machine isn't giving out the desired item.

Though I'm not an expert on the server's vending machines, Jiro build them. I'd be willing to donate some materials to rebuild the shop with hoppers. Or perhaps Jiro would be willing to lend a hand?
    All of the items listed have been returned. I've also examined the plot and compared it to the other successful shop plot owned by Commiellama2 and noticed his was an embassy plot with special permissions. I've changed your plot to that same standard and hopefully that will help with greifing issues.

As for the vending machines, they should work for personal use as well without a command block. The only difference is that the signal generated from the specific item being detected will be used on whichever dispensing device you choose to have the product in rather than a command block. The design I have also allows for stacking up the items and prevents (for the most part) button spam. You can test this for yourself by using one of the food vending machines with the rock type required. The system is item specific as well and dumps the none selected items into whatever you want. The drawback would be that if your trash items overflow the storage capacity the signal will stay clicked on and can't flow items through, therefore breaking the system.

Overall design, the bottom circuit is an auto detecting pulser that shoots any items that drop into it (non vending items) into the abyss to prevent machine breakage. You can use lava or chest, so long as the storage doesn't overload.
    Spoiler!

Specific points.
    Spoiler!

Seems like my shop is working fine in SP. Now all I'm missing is hoppers and comparators. Could you please put some supply of those at the plot ? I'll make sure they won't leave the plot and will report how many I used and will return the rest.

I've put 1 stack of comparators and 2 stacks of hoppers in a chest.

I don't know which kind of hopper you are using. There are 2 kinds which you can see once you take the hoppers out of the chest. The first is the regular redstone kind, the other is a TFC kind of hopper.

Let me know if it's enough or if you need more.

After successful trial (hopper-based self-service shop selling black bronze picks for copper ingots) I've reduced vending machine footprint and installed 6 machines on B1 level. All I'm missing now to reopen are vanilla chests (comparators don't work with TFC ones and vanilla chest is required to fit vending machine in 3x6 space).

I need only vanilla hoppers, TFC hoppers are useless in redstone machines. I use 4 hoppers an 2 comparators in every vending machine. 40 hoppers and 52 comparators are left in the locked chest (I'll use they gradually as I expand the shop).