Thread: Factorio

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Factorio

So I came across a game called Factorio, it's like redstone stuff mixed with TTD mixed with age of empires or something, pretty cool and retro themed, you guys might like it and the free demo is fun and self-explanatory!

https://www.factorio.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Commiellama2 View Post
    So I came across a game called Factorio, it's like redstone stuff mixed with TTD mixed with age of empires or something, pretty cool and retro themed, you guys might like it and the free demo is fun and self-explanatory!

https://www.factorio.com/
    I played all the way to the end (yes there is an end) and I definitely recommend to anyone who likes resource/management games.

Lazy Idle Couch Potato Heptagon_ru's Avatar
    Yes, awesome game. Finished it once, now waiting for new features and graphics to accumulate, to start again.

By the way, the AMP is pretty much a 3D Factorio With much larger abilities

Name:  Necro Post.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  57.1 KB

I've just launched my first satellite into space. In my first factory I had no idea of the scale at which you can and possibly should build things in Factorio so I ended up cramping a lot of stuff together.

Now that I've finished my first play through, I'm considering starting over and paying more attention to larger factory layouts. My first play through was on 0.14. They say a stable 0.15 version with a lot of new features should come out in a week or so. I think Heptagon plays on this version. So the question is: should I wait, get started with the beta or just start with 0.14 and hope the upgrade doesn't break anything?

I play 0.15 because I saw few awesome mods in Zeastau video, and decided to try them.

I don't know the game compatibility history well, I believe Llama has much more experience with it, maybe he could help.

But I would start playing 0.15 dev branch (i.e. beta) - it is quite polished now as I understand. That would make transition to the future official 0.15 much smoother.

Also 0.14 is history already, 0.15 have quite a ton of small improvements which make playing more comfortable.
    But you are lucky that U had the chance to catch the 0.14 and can now compare.

And congrats with the satellite!