Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    V.I.P.

Food Decay on Crack?

Food decay after the server update seems to have been multiplied by the nth factor.
    Even preserved foods are decaying in something less than hours. A fraction of the previous time.
    I don't know if this is a bug, or by design, but is it possible the powers that be might intervene and reduce the decay modifier server-side?
    I'm not usually one for turning down difficulty but this is sort of impossible to keep up with .

*Edit: As a side note food/water consumption seems to be much more ferocious today as well, but it may just seem that way now the food is evaporating.
    Last edited by TheForestHermit; 26th January 2016 at 02:06.

Quote Originally Posted by TheForestHermit View Post
    Food decay after the server update seems to have been multiplied by the nth factor.
    Even preserved foods are decaying in something less than hours. A fraction of the previous time.
    I don't know if this is a bug, or by design, but is it possible the powers that be might intervene and reduce the decay modifier server-side?
    I'm not usually one for turning down difficulty but this is sort of impossible to keep up with .

*Edit: As a side note food/water consumption seems to be much more ferocious today as well, but it may just seem that way now the food is evaporating.

I've noticed all the same things. Cooked fruit, in vessels, in barrels, is disappearing alarmingly fast, along with all other foods. From the chatter I've been hearing today on the regular server, it's happening there too. I took some meat out of a barrel on regular and it melted immediately in my hand, in my freezer, at like -40C.

Jiro, would you mind taking a look at this please?

Perhaps a timestamp issue so hopefully it only affects food created prior to the version update.

The TFC configuration for food decay is still default and unchanged. From what I gather after asking people in game, it seems that all food prior to the recent TFC update will rapidly decay. Probably due to time stamp issues like Poker mentioned. Several people have said that new food they picked from trees, cooked up, etc, has had the normal decay rate and my food testing seems to be consistent with that.

Food no longer lasts a full real life day. Cooked /salted/ smoked/ brined. watched them all vanish. droppers stop the decay until the second you take them out, then poof.

V.I.P.
    Yes I respectfully disagree with the 'out-dated' foodstamp issue theory being the only issue here.
    All our food stores vanished so we picked/cooked/smoked fresh food last night.
    Today all the food is gone again.
    3 days ago you could take a couple vessels of sandwiches and go on a mining/run /goods run and be able to play for a few hours without an issue. Now sandwiches inside a vessel, outside a vessel ( it's the same now) wherever last roughly 30 minutes?
    I don't think it's a server issue, I suspect it is a combination of the removal of temp variation information, and her 'fix' to keep some foods from lasting 'indefinitely' if stored fresh was overkill.
    The end result is a far less enjoyable, and far more frustrating game.
    Can this be tempered on the server's part?

*Edit. : Right it seems that this rate of decay is by Kittychan's design. To quote

Food still decays even when it is sealed in brine. The decay is just a little bit slower. A real-life day is more than enough time to completely decayaway a piece of meat.
    This was in response to meat dissapearing while people were trying to brine it.
    I have all kinds of Opinions about Kittychan and mostly how she needs to get over herself. That aside I reiterate.
    The game default now according to her grand vision really sorta sucks.
    Would you please consider intervening if you can?
    Last edited by TheForestHermit; 26th January 2016 at 21:57.

Ah I see, well yes we can modify the food decay variables in the config. Perhaps someone can put together a decay time on the current food compared to the original decay? For example, comparing fresh fruit times, raw meat times, and the sandwich times.

And are you guys saying that containers don't affect food anymore? If so, that would be completely out of our control .

Surely the decay times were modified before, but the settings were lost during the last update and it's reverted to vanilla rates?

Seems to have been changed here in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobbett View Post
    Surely the decay times were modified before, but the settings were lost during the last update and it's reverted to vanilla rates?

Seems to have been changed here in the past.
    No, they were always default. We rarely make changes to TFC default configs.

DigitallyFidget has not been with us for nearly a year now and has not accessed the TFC configs. That was also an entirely different server.