Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    We're going with vanilla block roads for the Freebie server. There are two reasons for this:
    1. it'll go a lot faster than using TFC blocks and chisel.
    2. it will make it super easy to see if anyone has griefed the roads. All we have to do is check to see if someone broke a vanilla block and it's of to Jail with them. Or ban. Not sure which yet :B

I've started with a strip of road heading south from spawn. It looks a little like this:
    Name:  2016-02-04_13.25.57.png
Views: 259
Size:  432.1 KB

Stone brick sides with 3 cobblestone slabs in the middle.

Apart from the materials, the road guidelines from before apply. So making turns, following the landscape, don't have too many long stretches (except for right out of spawn), etc.

Cool Work

Sign me up if you need help with road building or stuff like it!

V.I.P.
    I can build roads as well if you like.

The Dynmap flat map for TFC Regular is almost done. To speed things up I have increased the number of parallel renderers to 8. After the flat map is done Dynmap will continue with the surface (isometric 3D) map.

Right now Dynmap performance seems to be excellent. A lot better than it was before the hard drives were replaced. Let's hope it stays that way after all the Dynmaps are done pregenerating and are up and running again

Lazy Idle Couch Potato Heptagon_ru's Avatar
    The gamemode command on the freebie server seems to not work for staff - i.e. Marius was unable to switch me to creative. I guess same for Commie. Not only it is very slow to make roads in survival, it also is dangerous because of mobs.

It also would be awesome to have access to WE (idk if creative grants access by default), because brushes with masks allow to make roads a lot faster. Also to lay glowstonr right under existing roads without glowstone.

Glowstone under slabs does not light up the roads. This does work for the TFC blocks with chisel because those are then turned into tile entities which light can shine through.

So in short: we're not laying down roads with surface lighting. Instead we'll add lamp posts. We're working on designs.

As for creative mode. Moderators should already have the permissios required to set other player's gamemode with the essentials.gamemode.all: true permission. I've added the essentials.gamemode.others: true now as well. Hopefully, after an admin (or RX) reloads the permissions (/permissions reload), the moderators will be able to set other player's gamemode as well.

As for WorldEdit use. Only a select few will get access to this. Heptagon should be among them. To do this someone (RX ) should add those players to the builderplus group. (/permissions player setgroup PlayerName builderplus)

I've just reloaded permissions. To add players to the builderplus group they have to be online at the same time as an admin or RX.

Heptagon is in the builderplus group now.