Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    So the guy who was causing these issues with people ended up getting himself banned on an unrelated charge, go figure right?

We've done a bit more testing with ORP on a local server and a test online server. So far so good. We'll be doing some testing with the mod on the HappyDiggers server again and hopefully it will all work out. The new server performance update may also contribute.

Update:

Offline Raid Protection has been running on the HappyDiggers server for a day through 2 Ark game updates. The server is doing fine. Whether that's because of the new Server performance update that came out or not is difficult to say, but it's working so no complaints here

Rule changes:

The server has been up for two and a half weeks. (yay!) As such rules are still not set in stone and there are still some kinks that need to be worked out to enhance the gaming experience on the HappyDiggers Ark server.

Now that the ORP mod is functioning as intended, I'm removing the 3 base limit. Tribes are limited to 4 ORP pillars so there is only so much that can be protected while the tribe is offline. I feel that this is a good trade off which will allow casual gamers to protect their bases easier, while allowing for more hard core players to expand at greater risk.

I'm also adding a rule to limit the amount of rafts a tribe can build to 4. Why limit rafts you say? Some tribes tend to go crazy and make dozens of rafts. When a dozen tribes make a dozen rafts each suddenly you have way too many rafts on the server. While server performance has been excellent so far, I'd rather try to preemptively avoid issues of spammed rafts affecting it.

V.I.P.
    I'm loving the server. Thank you muchly for hosting it J.
    My Husband and I have been playing together daily and it's awesome to have something and somewhere we can play as a couple.

And to clarify I wasn't suggesting disabling pvp entirely. There is something really satisfying about hunting down some rude jerk and crushing them. ( Or you know. Watching an ally with a giga utterly smunch and underhanded creep's base after they've been banned. )

I was just lamenting the inability to put offline new players off the menu.

I am super pleased the ORP is up and running though.

It would be super cool if ARK was like MC and the first time a survivor spawned on the server they got their first ORP beacon for free although I suppose obsidian is't -that- hard to come by if you know where to look... If you don't, your arse will be left to sway in the wind until you get a flier. So not too much newbie-newbie protection there.

I completely agree with Jiro and Doc about PvE servers. They do wind up cluttered and full of passive-aggressive pissyness all around. The ones that aren't cluttered have a pve-destroy option set to as little as a week. Heaven help you if you get burn out or take a vacation. You will come back to a new base built on the rubble of what you worked so hard on.

No these settings are about Perfect, truly.. It was just bad luck to get someone who was so systematically and sneakily breaking homes down and ( I belive) using a fleet of scorpions to trank people's dinos in the water so they would drownd without leaving any trace of who raided them. The ORP will put a stop to anymore of that with the expanded tribe logging. So win-win.

Update anytime soon ?

Please would love to contiunue to play

Thanks

Great server by the way !!!!

Hurray, new update !

Can we also have the server to the new version

The ARK server has been updated to 238.2 enjoy

Also keep in mind to vote for our server daily if you like to keep it on top!

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJ View Post
    The ARK server has been updated to 238.2 enjoy

Also keep in mind to vote for our server daily if you like to keep it on top!
    Great thank !!!

Vote has been cast !

New Spawned
    Congrats guys, the ARK server is nearly the top claimed server, with 700 votes; 2 behind the leader! Nice job!

701 now. Almost there