Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Hey! I've got a question, today is 'the big Ragnarok' update, I'm quite hyped... Do you guys know how long it will take 'till the HappyDiggers servers will be up to date?

EDIT:
    The update went live, the server is online, but steam says that the server is not reacting and battlemetrics says online. But there is no way to join

Is there a way for me to fast tame my 2 wild locked up therizinos (in taming cages) before the wild dinos get wiped before the new update?
    Last edited by DutifulComet; 16th August 2017 at 18:50.

I've initiated the update cycle for all the ARK servers. They'll give a 10 minute warning(count down). Then they'll go down, download the update, process the update and then should be ready to go. Normally this takes about 20 minutes or so.

I have no idea how you can get a hold of an older client if you have already updated your client automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJ View Post
    I've initiated the update cycle for all the ARK servers. They'll give a 10 minute warning(count down). Then they'll go down, download the update, process the update and then should be ready to go. Normally this takes about 20 minutes or so.

I have no idea how you can get a hold of an older client if you have already updated your client automatically.
    Thanks for the quick reply and update Great work!

You dont know wheter all wild dinos will be automaticly wiped and respawned? I did read something about that on the update logs

Sorry, I just run the servers. I have no idea about what the ARK devs are up to. That's more Jiro's department. I'm sure he can fill you in once he's available.

Ark servers updated to version 265.

Ragnarok patch notes say to perform a wild dino wipe, not that one is done automatically. This means I have full discretion to perform the wipe whenever it is convenient. I only scanned through the patch notes, but it appears the reason for the wipe is to allow the 25k wild dino limit to take effect on the server to prevent lag so it's not really a pressing concern. I'm guessing by now you would have started to tame your therizinos anyway. I'll be making my way to the server soon to assess if players are ready for a wild dino wipe. Note: Wild dino wipes do not remove tamed or dinos in the middle of the taming process.

Ark servers updated to version 265.16.

Due to recent events, we have to add a new rule to the Ark servers.

Don't annoy the staff members.

While this seems like a painfully obvious rule, it has been a problem lately. You have a problem with a staff member or the servers? Post it on the forums so that we can have a civil and constructive conversation about your trouble. Such talk on the server chat will not be tolerated and can lead to warnings or bans.

New mod being added within the next 24 hours.

Protected Passives

I've been eyeing this mod for months and following the development. The author is finally at a point where it's quite well polished and I'm not seeing many issues or bugs cropping up anymore. This mod should improve the atmosphere of HD Ark servers with guaranteed protection of passively set dinos with no abuse due to the mods extensive config options.

Dinos set to passive initiate a timer before they can be protected. I'm leaning towards 1 hour, we'll see what I decide when I add the mod. When the hour is up the passive dino drops all non-food items from its inventory to prevent abuse and becomes protected. I'll post more details on settings and such when the mod is added. In the mean time, clear out and sort the inventories of any dinos you own set to passive or those you plan on setting to passive.

Ark servers updated to version 265.284.

New mod added to all Ark servers: Protected Passives

Protected Passives configuration is default except for the protection timer which I set to 1 hour.

About the mod:

• When a dino is in passive mode a timer will countdown in a circle at the feet of the dino. When the circle is complete (1 hour has passed) the dino will enter passive protection and dump all non-food items from its inventory onto the ground. Protected passive dinos are safe from damage.
    • They will exit protection if their status changes (neutral/aggressive/etc), if you ride them and move around, if the dino is put on follow, or if the dino is shot by an auto turret. Protected dinos have a shield icon above them.
    • Dinos too close to enemy bases will not enter protection. Tribe owned and ally bases are acceptable.
    • Platform saddle dinos cannot be protected if there are any structures on the saddle.
    • Dinos parked on platform dinos can't be protected.
    • Titans cannot be protected even if no structures are built on the platform.
    • Dinos must have full health to enter passive protection.
    • Non-food items dropped from dinos will despawn after 15 minutes.