Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lightbulb [ Currency Idea ]

==============================CURRENCY==============================
    Name:  3fcb1IK.png
Views: 225
Size:  46.1 KB
    ================================================== ====================
    So i was thinking why there isn't any way to get /money.
    Maybe there is but i just can't find out how.

So i came up with a in-game currency idea an old server used.
    They used specific ingots as money and i will explain down bellow how this works.
    INGOTS VALUE:

1 Platinum Ingot 4120 = 20$
    1 Gold Ingot 4115 = 15$
    1 Silver Ingot 4123 = 10$
    1 Bronze Ingot 4113 = 5$
    1 Copper Ingot 4114 = 1$

NOTICE: only these 5 can be used to gain money (placeable)
    HOW IT WORKS:

1. Place 1 or more ingots down (shift + right click).
    2. Put a PRIVATE sign on it so none can steal.
    3. The ingots you placed will show in /money but only if it has a PRIVATE sign on it.
    4. You can have multiple stacks/piles of ingots with PRIVATE signs to store more cash

NOTICE: If you have a PRIVATE sign on it and add someone to it, it wont transfer to /money
    NOTICE: 32 ingots in 1 stack/pile
    HOW TO TRADE:

1. Pick up some ingots to give to somebody for what they offer in return.
    Name:  guWc3km.png
Views: 207
Size:  173.9 KB

Can you give an example of how this would work, go through the steps each person would do.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Rainnmannx View Post
    Can you give an example of how this would work, go through the steps each person would do.
    What do you mean by give an example? i put a "how it works" in the post, can you specify what exactly i need to explain more?

1. What plugin is used to show money for the piles you put a sigh on?
    2. If you are going to give them ingot in return for something why would you need the plugin for money?

Arrow

1. What plugin is used to show money for the piles you put a sigh on?
    2. If you are going to give them ingot in return for something why would you need the plugin for money?

1. I dont think there is a plugin for it but if theres a good developer in the staff team maybe he/she can somehow code it to work

2. Ingots are a way to show people your currency and how much effort you put into tfc, you dont need to pay people with ingots but some people might request it to raise their money. Economy is a great thing to have because sometimes people dont know what to pay with if someone is offering you something.

Ok, say someone has hides and wants food, and some has food and wants hides, how would that work?

Arrow

Ok, say someone has hides and wants food, and some has food and wants hides, how would that work?
    Then they just trade those 2 items, but sometimes people maybe wants to ask for ingots to increase their /money. Maybe the ingot can be traded for stuff at a shop at spawn?

V.I.P.
    Not sure how I feel about the ingot stacks, but I have seen the forge money aspect integrated into the system nicely.
    Using the signshop plugin. Players were able to set up 'shops' and sell anything that didn't decay/wear out.
    New players were able to gain currency by selling gems, flowers, zombie meat. bones.. things that have no real use in TFC to the server / admin shop.
    ( this would also be a great way to set up buying saplings or flowers for decorative purposes.)

I thought it added a great deal to the general experience of the server at the time. ( unfortunately for it, it wasn't happydiggers and was run on weak hardware with no staff. poor thing)

yeah, i think the server could benefit from having currencies.

sign shops are a great application, we should have one.
    It's impossible to be on 24 hr to trade with the right people with the right resource.
    For a huge town, this problem becomes very apparent. we have a bunch of commodities and need a huge quantities of something else.

So a signshop/currency would greatly help us speed up the town build when it comes to buying mortar and cobblestones.

Lets say hypothetically we install the Sign Shop plugin.
    1. How would people make money?
    I see selling junk as a possibility, what would prices be and what would the items be that where bought?