Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Railroad network

Whose interested in building a rail network with me on the TFCHC server?

The most active members, (as far as I can tell) are: Hassscrabbler, Galros, Balakhan, Latyper, Xrays7 and Bofgrin. (Larson Pacific is also sometimes on but I hardly ever see him since he is on the Technodefirmacraft server usually.)

Linking Balakhan, Xrays7, and Galros should be really easy because they are all within about 1,000 blocks of each other. Next farthest out is Hasscrabbler who is about 7900 blocks North-West of Galros. My place is just another 3900 blocks beyond that. Lastly Bofgrin is another 7,900 blocks to the East. In total we would need about 20,700 rails. Assuming we use all power rails that would require about 1293 gold ingots total or 215 a person. That's a lot but still doable.

EDIT:

EVERYONE SHOULD FEEL FREE TO DO WHATEVER THEY WANT TO THE RAIL NETWORK. THIS INCLUDES TEARING DOWN AND REBUILDING PARTS, RE-ROUTING RAILS, ADDING TO IT, OR DOING ANYTHING ELSE. THE RAIL IS FOR THE COMMUNITY AND YOU SHOULD DO WHATEVER YOU WANT TO IT IF YOU BELIEVE IT IS APPROPRIATE.
    Last edited by latyper; 30th May 2016 at 05:16.

Quote Originally Posted by latyper View Post
    Whose interested in building a rail network with me on the TFCHC server?
    I definitely want to do it. It may take some time for me to make progress, but is no obstacle

Quote Originally Posted by galros View Post
    I definitely want to do it. It may take some time for me to make progress, but is no obstacle
    Great. I've already started building down towards Hassscrabler's place. Both of us have themed places (his is a Roman villa, mine's a log cabin) so we are not building the track too close to our respective bases. It will still go close enough though that it we will both only be a short walk from the track.

Name:  1.PNG
Views: 293
Size:  423.3 KB

Close up:

Name:  2.PNG
Views: 249
Size:  1.25 MB

You can look for yourself on Dynmap at about -6400, -13500. I want to build this first bridge in a more impressive style but I've already depleted my supply of phyllite rocks for brick making. I really want at least this one bridge to be more visually impressive but without additional materials I am going to have to settle for a straight 1 block wide, 1 block thick bridge with no supports. I guess I'll keep adding to it as I get more rock.

Just an update.

The rail now stretches about 2,100 blocks. We've almost made it to our first station stop, Palatina.

Gold used thus far: ~132 ingots.

Distance left to go all the way to Ariakas: ~10,000. Gold still needed: 625 ingots.

Awesome

Keep going!