Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Skyblock servers

This thread is out of date and closed!

You can find updated information here: http://happydiggers.net/content.php?...erver&tabid=37

SkyBlock: you spawn on a small island high up in the sky. There is nothing around but air and the void below. The island has a tree and a chest with a few items. In the distance you can see another floating island. It's small and looks like it's made out of sand...

With those limited recourses at your disposal you have to survive and complete tasks, it's very addictive. You can read more about it here. Dom has made a couple of videos about it, below is the first one:

Everybody I've spoken about SkyBlock thinks it's awesome. It's a single player experience that basically turns Minecraft into an actually challenging game. There is also a multi-player server for SkyBlock, but it is extremely laggy to the point of being unplayable. And that is where this thread comes in...

I've set up a couple of SkyBlock servers which will be made available to our generous donators. The rules are as follows:
    • Each SkyBlock server is for 2 people. No more, no less. Servers will be whitelisted giving only those 2 players (and the mods) access to the server.
    • For each server, the two players combined need to have donated $50 or more. So if one played donated $10 and the other $40, that's fine. Also, donations are cumulative. So donating 5 times 5 makes you a donor of $25.
    • There are currently 8 servers available so it's first come, first serve. If you no longer wish to play on your SkyBlock server, or if you simply wish to start over with another player please let us know so we can free up servers so they become available to others.
    • You may request a server by sending me a PM. Include the Minecraft name of the other person you wish to join the server with.

I not sure if it's appropriate to post the list of donations made by people, I'll let Dom figure that one out. So if you forgot how much you donated you can ask him about it

In case you are wondering how to donate, that is simple. Please go to the Donation Page.

Any questions, comments, suggestion and other feedback are welcome. Oh, and don't forget to team up with your best buddy before someone else does

RE: Skyblock servers

To make things a little easier I've posted the 'rules' for the SkyBlock map below. You are of course free to follow them or not, it's your and your partner's server. Main point is to just have fun with the map

Do not purposely jump off the island to regenerate your health.
    Do not make a bridge to the mainland.
    Do not use Mods, Hacks, Flying, etc.
    Post pictures of your achievements and progress!
    Have FUN!

Challenges:
    1) Build a Cobble Stone generator.
    2) Build a house.
    3) Expand the island.
    4) Make a melon farm.
    5) Make a pumpkin farm.
    6) Make a reed/sugarcane farm.
    7) Make a wheat farm.
    8) Make a giant red mushroom.
    9) Craft a bed.
    10) Make 64 stone brick's.
    11) Make 20 torches.
    12) Make an infinite water source.
    13) Craft a furnace.
    14) Make a small lake.
    15) Build a platform 24 blocks away from the island, for mobs to spawn.
    16) Make 10 cactus green dye.
    17) Make 10 mushroom stew.
    18) Craft 10 Jack 'o' lanterns.
    19) Craft 10 bookcases.
    20) Make 10 bread.
    21) Collect 10 Ender-pearls.
    22) Cook 10 fish.
    23) Craft 10 Black Wool.
    24) Craft 10 Gray Wool.
    25) Craft 10 Light Gray Wool.
    26) Craft 10 Lime Green Wool.
    27) Craft 10 Red Wool.
    28) Craft 10 Yellow Wool.
    29) Craft 10 Pink Wool.
    30) Craft 10 Green Wool.
    31) Craft 10 Orange Wool.
    32) Craft 10 Snow Golems.
    33) Craft 20 Paintings.
    34) Build and light a nether portal.
    35) Craft 5 Gold Ingots.
    36) Craft 16 Glass Panes.
    37) Collect 50 birch logs.
    38) Collect 64 arrows and craft a bow.
    39) Craft 10 stone buttons.
    40) Craft 30 stone slabs.
    41) Craft 10 signs.
    42) Craft 20 ladders.
    43) Craft 20 fences.
    44) Craft 20 fence gates.
    45) Craft 10 levers.
    46) Craft 10 trapdoors.
    47) Craft 10 stone pressure plates.
    48) Craft 10 wooden pressure plates.
    49) Collect 64 bonemeal.
    50) Craft 20 cobblestone stairs.

Damn, now I wish I could donate. I love skyblock, and multiplayer can only be better.
    Loser with no social life...

Wooooo! SkyBlock!

I'm not a big skyblock guy, but I would play.

Mupje and I started on the first server. So far we've got a cobblestone generator, a make-shift melon farm, a tree farm. We've also managed to light the nether portal and have a small kill box for the zombie pigmen in the nether.

Still lots of work to do. I'd like to make a mob fall-trap and would like to get some friendly mobs to spawn on a patch of grass.

Here are some screenshots

Sorry if im off-topic, but since this is your thread J, I figured it would be the best way to tell you that I'm sorry about the thread I started. I'm new and I didn't now all the rules.

Your friend, (or at least I hope so)
    The_Super_Pig

Don't worry about it

As I tried to explain in your thread, it's appreciated that you try to discuss things. Just not that one particular topic

im away this week but would love to try this out in next week or 2 enjoyed single player ...but sure it would be better with 2 ...and may even record it for my youtube ..will need volunteer though that can be available when i am :P
    [size=x-large]Earth Defense Force now that\'s new school retro ...[/size]

So who wants to play Skyblock with wordie? Even non-donors can apply since wordie has donated more then enough for two