Thread: TnFC server?

TnFC server?

Well, this is more a question to a donor members of HD. Is TechnodeFirmacraft server dead? I played on it for a few days, and never saw anyone else log in (well, there was a point, when someone logged in, and logged off in a couple minutes)
    If it is realy dead and noone is playing on it - i would love to stop playing on it and try it out in singleplayer. Becasue dead server < singleplayer

Quote Originally Posted by Scintille View Post
    Well, this is more a question to a donor members of HD. Is TechnodeFirmacraft server dead? I played on it for a few days, and never saw anyone else log in (well, there was a point, when someone logged in, and logged off in a couple minutes)
    If it is realy dead and noone is playing on it - i would love to stop playing on it and try it out in singleplayer. Becasue dead server < singleplayer
    Hi Of course TnFC isn't dead
    I was online today and played there at 21:00 o'clock my time. I know of at least 5-6 other players, besides me, who plays TnFC active. We've different times, unfortunately. People from the US playing when it's night time for me. The second fact is that the players can be away from the server because of obstacles in their private lifes and will return when they can play again. And I also know that they are players who will not stop playing TnFC. It's probably one of the reasons I like playing on this server. I've been away from the server for about half a year, once. And when I came back my place was untouched and I could continue to play like I logged off yesterday. Guess if I was happy about it?

PS:
    1. Do you know that all HD servers share the chat? Ie that you are never alone and can chat with Freebie, HC and Donor TFC. Maybe help Freebie with their questions (those usually have questions, or just want to talk, want to know what we do at the donor servers)
    2. Those guys who play TnFC usually know everything about TFC. And you're experienced player as I understand it. Right?
    3. How far you've come with the Quest book? I'm still doing the quests. Don't have much time right now.

DS.
    Last edited by galros; 28th May 2016 at 09:24. Reason: Added text

Well, good to hear that server is alive. Never seen anybody else online though( (offtopic.. anyone have a coordintes for Gabbro layer? I lost ~10 lifes looking in underground caves at layer #3, was not fun)
    Another question.. When i played on Bunsan's server, he said - if someone will run low on lives, admins can give hearts to them. I guess soon i will be at a point where i will have 1-2 lives..
    About shared chat. Yes, i know, chat is shared, but i cant even see who is online. And often one person is talking via local chat, and the other one is talking with global chat. So can trealy participate

The reason you can't see who is online on the regular TFC servers while on the TnFC server is because the TnTC server is not part of our Bungeecord network. This has to do with it not being compatible with Forge and some mods in particular that are part of TnFC.

All servers on the Bungeecord network share their online player list which you can see by pressing TAB. The shared chat is something we made ourselves. It's made to share Towny's global chat between servers. We specifically did not want to share local/town/nation chat between servers because that would drive everybody crazy

If you need hearts on the TnFC server just let us know. But please do it before you loose your last life. Easiest for us is to give us the name of the town you live in and we can put some stuff in a chest there if we happen to be online at different times.

Quote Originally Posted by Scintille View Post
    About shared chat. Yes, i know, chat is shared, but i cant even see who is online. And often one person is talking via local chat, and the other one is talking with global chat. So can trealy participate
    Thanks J
    You can run Dynmap to see who is online. Dynmap links can be found here: http://happydiggers.net/content.php?117&tabid=107
    To use Dynmap from the browser, you need to register you from the respective server. Log on to the server and type in the chat ./dynmap webregister. You get registration code to use.
    Unfortunately, it's my first TnFC map. I haven't explored it and I don't know where Gabbro is. But we had an idea to share the coordinates on HC server. And we do it here, at The Forum. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJ View Post
    The reason you can't see who is online on the regular TFC servers while on the TnFC server is because the TnTC server is not part of our Bungeecord network. This has to do with it not being compatible with Forge and some mods in particular that are part of TnFC.
    Well, when you was online on TnFC server (at least dynmap said you was online) - you wasnt in the Tab menu

Staff can do that. It helps us to sometimes get some work done without people starting to ask us all kinds of questions

I switched to Hardcore, because my co-player on TnFC went to play Assassin's Creed But I will come back soon.