View Poll Results: Changing the map on the ARK server.

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep the map the same (The Island Map)

0 0%
  • Change the map (The Center)

9 100.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    New Spawned

Proposed changes to the ARK server

This is what I'd like to see on the ARK server:

• Change the map to 'The Center' - Personally I'd like to play on the new map, and it's generally regarded as a better map, it being larger and more developed. I feel that 'The Island' map is getting a little too familiar and that late game play becomes more of a chore than an enjoyable experience.
    • Slight tweaks to the server rates - Increasing the rates to 5x tame, 4x gather & 2x xp (from 5x, 3x, 1x) will allow newer players to have a faster start on the server, and allow later game players to achieve the high levels quicker. For example, we only have a couple of players above level 80, even though the server has been up for at least 5 months now. With the increased xp rate, the gather rate should be increased to double that of the xp so that the levelling up of a person does not overtake their ability to construct their new technologies.

As the server has been offline recently, I think this would be a good opportunity to refresh the server and draw some players back in. What does everybody think?

- Ice

I think you should start making a pool about the map change you desire. There are still tribes and lone survivors on the current server which are quite advanced into the game, so changing the map completely will just wipe out all their work like it never happened. If there is someone that would like to have a change it's them, first, and new comers second.

There can also be a case of "supply and demand": if there are a bunch of new comers that find an interest in the new map and that will make them stick along for a good amount of time then sure, go for it!

As of the increase in gather/tame/xp rate this could be more useful on a fresh map rather than the current one so everyone can get a fair start.

New Spawned
    Quote Originally Posted by Marius49 View Post
    I think you should start making a pool about the map change you desire. There are still tribes and lone survivors on the current server which are quite advanced into the game, so changing the map completely will just wipe out all their work like it never happened. If there is someone that would like to have a change it's them, first, and new comers second...
    I have created a poll on this thread, could everyone please place their vote on their preferred option. I am myself one of those advanced people mentioned, and a few other advanced survivors (Poker, Hugo and Scarylion) feel that we should restart the server/change the map, all of us becoming bored with late game play.

So far there is everyone wants the map to be changed considering the poll (which is 1 person ATM )

Anyway here are a few mods I found interesting. Maybe we can add them once the changes will commence:

Morecrafting Primitive - a few basic stuctures, good starting material and it looks pretty good as well
    Platforms Plus - more platforms, more interesting building and a fancy defense system
    Pillars Plus - I smell some fancy bridge builds soonTM
    Redwoods Anywhere - Redwood here, Redwood there, Redwoods Anywhere!!! (good for tree houses, but this one was obvious right? .... Right?
    Bridge - We really need more bridges ...
    Last edited by Marius49; 24th July 2016 at 13:37.

New Spawned
    I agree, these are some nice looking mods. I'm pretty sure there are many more that will need to be considered also
    I think these will really make the game more interesting in all different areas.

This one is also interesting, although it's a bit out of the main theme.

The Middles Ages

Think I've made my vote clear on other threads. This will help my wife and I get a fresh start. One thing though..... I don't like titans...

I'm on board with this, I can't see myself going back to the old map after playing the other options. With all the new items/levels they have added, increasing the XP multiplier wouldnt be a bad idea. It takes a ton of XP to unlock the titanisaur saddle and I would like to have one of those without waiting 6 months. Adding more mods makes the server harder to keep up to date and could introduce major problems. It has happened before where a simple color mod for dinos created a problem where ALL dinos would disappear if the mod was removed, later on, the mod didn't update to keep up with Ark, HAD to be removed and bye bye all tames. I would really love to see Valhalla instead of the Center, but since it isn't finished or officially supported, anything could happen.

Been taking a little break from Ark after an intense 3 week war against a group with far more players, dinosaurs, and resources. After that hard fought victory, I'm ready to settle down and explore some of the new content thats came out in my absence.

I'm not opposed to a map change but I'd prefer Valhalla over the Center. The original plan was to continue the current "The Island" server and then add a heavily modded Valhalla server to our list. Problem was I got too busy too quickly to secure the next map.

From what I've seen on the Center map, resources are basically regionally set. A big issue I have with that is people can take over an area and prevent others from access to a specific resource that can't be obtained elsewhere. While we could enforce rules to prevent that, I'd prefer a map allowing people more access to land and resources. Valhalla accommodates both options quite well. Something else to keep in mind too is we can save the state of the current "The Island" map instead of retiring it and we can always fire it back up for throwback or whatever other ideas come our way.

Having just gotten off Vahalla for the first time, i'm not a raving fan. its a great map size wise. I ran into the following issues: Mountains, surface not always the 'surface' (could see and walk under the world in more than a few spots), dinos walking in mid air, surprise 'lack' of dinos, i saw 1 fish.... If these can all be addressed and or 'fixed' I can second Vahalla as i haven't played on it before. If not i still prefer the Center.

Can you elaborate on the resource camping/prevention issues we may face on the Center?