Page 27 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Sever down again.
    Another fix, or another bug ? (joking )

Edit : or maybe just me
    Last edited by Zen; 7th October 2017 at 21:53.

The Rag server keeps crashing. The server is saving consistently though so progress isn't being lost, minus maybe a few minutes. Restarting the server every 1-2 hours isn't sustainable. I strongly recommend transferring to The Island or Scorched Earth for now until this problem is resolved. Those servers are staying online without any problems.

Okay everyone. I can't deal with fixing the server 24/7 anymore. No other server owners can figure out how to 100% solve the fatal errors. Every time we solve one (which takes many hours of testing and collaboration) a new one crops up just as quickly. Ragnarok is just plain unstable and wildcard screwed us over bad in multiple ways. I'm reverting the Rag server to 4 days ago before the .17 update that caused this mess. Every single server owner that has done this has had zero issues after their servers. I've done everything possible to prevent such a large rollback but every time I fix something a new fatal error pops up. This rollback should fix all problems with Ragnarok. On the plus side, all fridges are back.

Some people have trouble login into our server. Says mod version is wrong, possibly a mod update needed?

That would be me, i tried everything, no luck.

Basically i came after work boot up ark and i cant see any of happy diggers servers so i tried to join my tribe mate through steam friend list because he is on and playing and message pop up 'Mod Version Mismatch' so i go to steam workshop find structures s+ because **** structures s+, i unsubscribe it / launch ark and i can see servers now, try to join ragnarok it starts downloading s+ times out as usual, i try to join again get message 'Mod Version Mismatch' says make sure server is running latest mods you are using. so i done same thing few more times delete s+ try join / it downloads s+ again / get miss match message again, so i tried verify files integrity on steam after try everything again same thing

I hate S+ structures mod!

just checked s+ page log omg if i joined only few minutes earlyer ...

updated : '8 Oct @ 10:44pm'

'

Just updated the servers. Ragnarok had a fatal error again. It seems the rollback wasn't far enough. I've just uploaded an earlier version of Ragnarok than the one I previously used. I populated the server and ran it through 4 forced update cycles. The server was able to boot up and save the current state in all 4 instances. Time will tell.

Unhappy

hi Jiro so we lost all the progress we done today? and where is no way to get it back ?

Unfortunately, yes that is what I'm saying. The update caused a fatal error and all saves from today were also affected.

After about 3 hours of up time I performed another forced update cycle for Ragnarok and it booted back up. So far things are looking good. The best indicator will be if the server can survive an official version or mod update. I've read reports that the Ark devs are pushing a game version update soon, so testing shouldn't be too far down the road.