Page 8 of 80 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Well it doesnt work.

Make sure to make copies of the save from like yesterday or 2 days a day.

Hope it gets fixed eventually.

Lazy Idle Couch Potato Heptagon_ru's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJ View Post
    We've been having intermittend issues ...
    Aargh, J, you are provoking my "like button" itching!
    It is very harmful for my mind to have a struggle between needing to say something nice about the awesome post and being too shy to write trivialities like "awesome post, dude, I enjoyed it a lot!". This struggle results (best case) in posts like this.

Aw what
    The server worked today for sometime but now when i tryed it was offline :-((

Quote Originally Posted by Shacck View Post
    Aw what
    The server worked today for sometime but now when i tryed it was offline :-((
    Our windows virtual server may be down. Unfortunately, I can't do much about that from my end. We'll have to patiently wait for J to have a look when he's online

Trying to track down the storage issues I've been able to reproduce the symptoms. It appears that when we run the Windows Server instance the disk latency issues happen after about 10 minutes or so. The server starts up, uses a bit of disk I/O without any problems, and then after things have seemingly settled down and disk I/O is low, the disk latency issues appear.

Shutting down the Windows server instance seems to resolve the disk latency issues completely. I've already tried switching between different kinds of virtual disk controllers but that doesn't seem to make any difference. I'm now installing another Windows instance. We don't really need Windows Server to run ARK servers, it can be a regular old desktop Windows as well. We'll see if that'll make any difference.

Windows 7 (woot!!) installation is complete. I've added 32GB of RAM, 8 vCPU's and the virtual hard disk of the other server which contains the ARK server instances. I've started the 3 ARK servers manually. There's no auto start as of yet, this is just to test and see if disk latency issues come back or not. Right now the ARK servers have been running for about 10 minutes and there aren't any disk latency issues so far.

However, since I really have no idea how the ARK servers should work/behave, could someone please tell me if they're working as they should? :B

So far so good

The server has been mostly idle since the last change. So far I'm not seeing any latency issues creeping up on us. Before we had the latency issues even when the server was idle so I'm cautiously optimistic.
    Name:  idle_goes_good_yes.png
Views: 163
Size:  90.1 KB

Restarted and updated the servers.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJ View Post
    However, since I really have no idea how the ARK servers should work/behave, could someone please tell me if they're working as they should? :B
    Played for a bit on the servers and they're doing well. Better than baseline really.