Page 43 of 80 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thank you

Thank you . Diffrent to join now for me. i use to join true arkservers.net and it says offline. But when i click here on your servers it works perfect but it says offline here to.

But Thank you

Arkservers.net converted "happydiggers.net" into an IP address when the servers were registered. Which is stupid.

There are many good reasons to use a domain name instead of an IP address. For one, it's easier to remember "happydiggers.net" than "82.197.218.187". Another good reason is that when you change host, all you need to do is update your DNS record to point to the new IP address and everything will work for everyone who is still connecting to "happydiggers.net".

But no. Arkservers.net had to convert our domain name "happydiggers.net" into an IP address...
    So I went to their site to change things and this is what I got:
    Spoiler!

I guess I'll try again tomorrow :B

Ark had an update. New dino was added to the server. And joining via link gave me a text " Unable to query a server for invite" .

Ark update cycle initiated.

Iam trying to join ragnarok but all it says is ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED.
    I can join island and SE. But my surviver are on ragna. something iam missing how to join or just server?

Quote Originally Posted by Swimwagen View Post
    Iam trying to join ragnarok but all it says is ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED.
    I can join island and SE. But my surviver are on ragna. something iam missing how to join or just server?

The server is online, ping is good, and I joined without problems.

I tried changing the IP on arkservers.net. Unfortunately their system works with IP addresses instead of domain names. Our servers seem to only exist as IP : port. I created a support ticket, but I'm pretty sure they're going to either ignore it or tell me to create new server entries.

This sucks so much. Domain names exist for this very reason. So we don't have to muck about with IP addresses. And if you hosts gets a new IP then all you have to do is update the DNS record in one place and everythig works again.

At this point I'd rather remove our server listing there altogether than re-create them.

I can join :)

Jiro you was right the server was perfect.
    I was noob and didnt know how to join correct.
    Before ip change i join true arkservers.net.
    After ip change i join true (https://happydiggers.net/content.php?117&tabid=107) map links.
    And now i copy the map link in to steam favo and it works perfect
    Great work Insanej, Jiro and all happydiggers crew that keep the servers online and fix problems

ragnarok down

Is ragnarok down? cant transfer to it for about 2h