ARK: Scorched Earth Expansion Pack!

Has anyone played this yet? Looks interesting.
    Though it is kind of strange to see paid DLC for an early access game that hasn't been released yet

Not yet, and I'm considering whether I should even get it or not. They're releasing DLC that they spent months on in secret when they should have been working on the main game that's still in early access. I can't tell you how many times they've promised content only to have it delayed many, many times. And a lot of that content still isn't in the game, like the tek-tier and water dino breeding. It's infuriating.

Aside from the frustration, it is quite an exciting map. Unfortunately it requires player downloads to be active to properly transfer characters/dinos/items from one map to another. This works fine for their official to official as it's controlled, but private servers don't have a controlled download/upload option so anybody could start a server and spawn a ton of cheated items on themselves and then transfer into one of our servers. When that is addressed, or I should say if, then we can possibly look into linking the island map we have with a scorched earth one.

This will change views of the game as a whole, stepping into the realm of fantasy.

Name:  vhyfxm.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  31.0 KB

From the constantly changing FAQ thread:

"For Unofficial Servers, if they wish to allow dynamic Cross-ARK Travel, they will need to run two Servers on the same box from the same directory..."

Looks like I'll be getting myself some Scorched Earth DLC after all.