Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
    AMP has been updated to 4.3.0 which solves quite a number of issues.

Right now, with a single person on the server, mean tick time is around 35ms which is pretty good. I noticed that the farms have been very productive over the past period. Perhaps we could shut those down for now?

Auto-crafting complex stuff with tons and tons of sub-craft-tasks takes a lot of server resources. Ordering a Quantum Solar panel for example will cause mean tick time to rise to about 85ms. Please keep this in mind when ordering really complex stuff. It's the price we pay for having a single multi-block structure in which we can store crafting recipes.

On the subject of power, the server ran out. Which is why I ordered the Quantum Solar panels and put them on the roof of the Refined Storage building. I also added a 1 billion RF network buffer so we should be good for now. Although when the IC2 factory is running full blast that buffer will slowly drain.

I've also created a small build behind the IC2 factory that can create flux for us. It keeps at least 100 in stock and it can also be produced on demand through the Refined Storage system.

As for things to do. I'd really like to remove the manual farm stuff next to the Refined Storage building and move the kitchen to somewhere nicer. Someone started building something nice next to the farm that looks like an open kitchen. Is that build intended for the kitchen stuff?

When the stuff is cleared from the buildings, perhaps we could get started on making things look more like a plaza? Nice road works, path ways, some benches and other street 'furniture' perhaps. Also we should get rid of the torches on the campus and get some nice street lights

Lazy Idle Couch Potato Heptagon_ru's Avatar
    Awesome, thanks!

I have already removed most of crops which Farmer was gathering, because plenty of them in storage.

How it is possible to run out of energy with Jiro's nuclear reactor? Maybe all uranium was used or something (no idea how that works)?

Yes, the unfinished build near the red barn is the future kitchen which I promised Mupje long ago. I stopped because of those freeze issues and running out of ideas temporarily. Hope to resume it asap (weekend).
    When it is finished, I will move the old kitchen and make small farms around it, also completely removing the one near the storage. Big farms will be somewhere near the Barn.

I guess if you need to clear the place near the storage asap, I could just move it all to a temporary location near the new kitchen. Just say if you want it now or want to wait until the new kitchen is finished.

You might consider adding your plaza idea (with all hints for furniture, lights etc) to the list of projects/jobs. Just to not forget. I might take it after finishing the kitchen, unless already taken by the server road builder, Dourne.
    Last edited by Heptagon_ru; 29th March 2017 at 15:05.

There is no rush

I've added a few things to the project list. We also need a locker room. Currently there are still a few Gravi Suite suits in the IC2 factory. I would like to have those stored somewhere else. I'm thinking a building where people can store and/or show off their armor.

Another thing we can do is have a teleporter setup. Each building can get a teleporter that links to a central building with teleporters back to all the locations. It eats a ton of power, relative to teleport distance. So definitely late game stuff I'l get started on building the teleporters and energy storage.

About the locker room - the Armory was planned exactly for this afair. It still has lot of space, e.g. armor stands and armors along one wall (with the NPC wand on it) are just for filling space. Also lot of stuff can be put onto item racks/shelves and free even more space.
    Some charging panels and wireless chargers can be placed hidden or embedded into the design, if needed.

As for just showing off various cool armors - yeah, this could take lot of space. The Armory is more for shared awesome things and free things for newcomers, not for display. Well, for display too, since we could store everything in the storage, but it is not the main idea. I guess for unique or valuable things or significant things, which can be shared or taken by newcomers. I probably should add some clarification signs which things are free to take if you like them and even for ordering more (e.g. Tinker's weapons), and which are unique and shared (cloud pet, one bat wings, super fishing rod).
    So maybe we shoud see if the need of a building for displaying things will arise in future.

I wonder if we might make a Doctor's Who phone booth with teleporters. Bigger inside than outside (so the inside is a secret room buried somewhere). And with selectable destination exits from inside. And the exit phone booths should be not seen from another booths, like it is one booth in different places. I am updating the project list! Oops, the project list has untrivial formatting. J, could you please add "TARDIS (using teleporters)"?
    Last edited by Heptagon_ru; 29th March 2017 at 22:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Heptagon_ru View Post
    How it is possible to run out of energy with Jiro's nuclear reactor? Maybe all uranium was used or something (no idea how that works)?
    Both reactors run on yellorium and if the system runs out the reactors power down. Adding yellorium bars to the storage system will automatically siphon yellorium bars back into the reactors and reactivate them.

Added TARDIS project.

Jiro, do your reactors have power taps? I can't seem to find any. Without them, how are you getting the power out of the reactor and into the Flux network?

Also if you want to use the capacitor banks as a buffer then please use a separate network to charge them, and then the public "HappyDiggers" network to discharge. Otherwise the Flux network will try to load/unload the capacitor bank. It's kind of like plugging an extension cord into itself and expecting power

Name:  powerstrip.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  104.7 KB

Is there a setup that processes Yellorium ore into ingots? I couldn't find one so I put something up in your tower room. It looks like the last update broke Ender IO's SAG mill so I may have to change it around a bit. The SAG mill is the most efficient way to process Yellorium ore.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJ View Post
    Added TARDIS project.

Jiro, do your reactors have power taps? I can't seem to find any. Without them, how are you getting the power out of the reactor and into the Flux network?

Also if you want to use the capacitor banks as a buffer then please use a separate network to charge them, and then the public "HappyDiggers" network to discharge. Otherwise the Flux network will try to load/unload the capacitor bank. It's kind of like plugging an extension cord into itself and expecting power

Name:  powerstrip.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  104.7 KB

Is there a setup that processes Yellorium ore into ingots? I couldn't find one so I put something up in your tower room. It looks like the last update broke Ender IO's SAG mill so I may have to change it around a bit. The SAG mill is the most efficient way to process Yellorium ore.
    The taps are hidden underneath the floor. They go out the side of the reactors and a wire leads to the computer system to connect it. There's no setup for yellorium as far as I know, I just manually shoved stacks full to be ground down and then heated up. The reactors don't use a ton of yellorium so a couple of thousand go a long way for a long time.

I found one tap on the left reactor. I took the liberty of making a small room around the reactor so I could look around a bit :B

This is what I saw:
    Name:  2017-03-30_16.01.12.png
Views: 256
Size:  255.5 KB

What I think is happening here is:
    • RF power from the reactor goes into the Open Computers power convertor and into that sub system via the cable.
    • RF power from the reactor goes into the Flux Plug, thus entering the Flux network.
    • RF power from the Flux network enters through the Flux Point, which can then go into the OC power convertor... and back into the Flux Plug.
    • As far as I can tell all the Ender IO connectors are on the same color group. To me this looks like the power cord I posted above.

Perhaps I'm missing something?

If you want to power the Open Computer stuff with power from the Flux network I think it would be better to add a Flux Point directly to the power convertor so you avoid having input/output on the same connection.

I noticed some new (?) music when the modpack loaded the first time. Did you put it there? I usually disable the music right away.
    So how much music is there approximately and is it worth listening (e.g. do you listen it while playing)?

The music has been there for a while now. I think I mentioned it in the VIP AMP thread somewhere. It's there because I like it better than the Minecraft menu music. I think it's one of the best menu songs in gaming