Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Got it setup and installed. playing on single player atm, not whitelisted. I'll all up for early game digging, i dig 100 x whatever tunnels all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro_89 View Post
    Extra utilities has the ender quarry which we had in an old AMP version. You can set the mining zone thousands of blocks by thousands of blocks and continually mine for weeks. Not sure if there was a specific reason it wasn't included in the latest AMP or not, but it's another quarry option along with lots of other nice features.
    Extra Utilities for 1.10.2 is an empty husk compared to the version for 1.7.10. The Ender Quarry amont many, many other things aren't included in the 1.10.2 version. The author is slowly working to include more stuff, but I'm not willing to go with half a mod of random stuff.

We do have Actually Additions which also has a bunch of random stuff. (mod spotlight)

I'm not really looking for an extra quarry. I'm looking for a set and forget option. Fire up a turtle(?) with a bunch of ender chests for fuel and resource dumping and let it go on forever and ever. It doesn't have to be fast. All it needs to do is keep our factories from becoming idle.

When we reach the end game I'm pretty sure we'll have a bunch of different ore processing plants:
    Mekanism
    Immersive Engineering
    IC2
    And perhaps a few others. It would be a waste to just leave those idle all the time

Got my finger wrapped around Actually Additions pretty good now, except for auto-storage/sharing. Probably use a different mod for that anyway.

the different food every 12 meals is interesting.

Chunkgen is taking a long time to update. So I started looking into other ways to pre-generate a world. Currently I have a Forge server on my PC with Sponge API running a Sponge mod that is generating a world. It's using the same seed as the current FTB server. I've set it to generate a diameter of 20.000 around 2000 -4000. It's not showing me any progress but I am seeing new region files that aren't 0KB in size so it appears to be working.

To get this to work I had to remove Farseek which is a library used by the Streams mod. If this pre-gen works I'll take a world without streams over a non-pre generated server or having to wait some more.

At this point the region files combined are 76MB. We'll see how it goes from here.

586MB and still going. So far so good

Quote Originally Posted by Dourne View Post
    the different food every 12 meals is interesting.
    I use The Spice of Life in my mod pack except it is much more intense. 4 uses of food per 256 meals. So we have it much easier in this pack. I feel it makes the players consider themselves AND the huge factory that they are building.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJ View Post
    586MB and still going. So far so good
    Exciting! I had some NPCs in the world already, but its not that hard to replace now that I understand the API.

BTW did get a robot to boot up, followed what info i could find and its very unforgiving, at least in my experience so far, easy to make a worthless paper weight, a side note they do have a disassembler that has a chance to break parts, haven't tried it out yet. =P.
    robot code is different them turtle code.

Also have a fairly simple tinkers smelting set up with ender io and refined storage, working on lava supply.
    Last edited by Rainnmannx; 26th November 2016 at 04:06.

1.20GB and still growing.

According to Dinnerbone's tool the world seems to have gone beyond the 20.000 by 20.000 I intended. The highest numbered region file right now is: r.79.-156.mca
    DB's tool tells me that region file contains: blocks 40448,0,-79872 to 40959,255,-79361

This is the current contents of the region folder:
    Spoiler!

This is the border plugin's project page for those interested: https://forums.spongepowered.org/t/p...s-v0-1-1/14412
    The documentation is rubbish. The commands listed do not work and do not show a useful help. For example:
    /border center
    Gives an error about missing arguments. Nowhere on that page does it mention how to change the border for a world. I figured out that the commands follow a structure like: /border <command> <world> <params>

Anyway, the pre-generator seems a bit wonky. I'm considering restarting the server and restarting pre-gen. It should simply skip over already existing chunks and continue the process.

And in case anyone is interested in reviving our regular Minecraft server. Sponge offers quite a few plugins that should make that possible: https://forums.spongepowered.org/c/p...lugin-releases
    At first glance most of the basics are covered there already. Since Sponge comes in two flavors: with and without Forge support, we could do some interesting things with it.

That sounds kind of screwy. Maybe that mod its entirely compatible with our setup. Looking at the region files, it looks like it jumped out of the region we wanted to generate. I think that we may have to wait for someone to build the chunkgen mod into a release. Either way, we have a nice map chosen and a pretty stable set of mods.

It looks like we've reached the limits of what the borders plugin could do as far as pre-generating the world is concerned. Region files are now 1.23GB total and every time I try to resume generating the server seems to crash at the same point. I've already tried removing a bunch of mods that don't add world gen but that didn't seem to make any difference.

There are some interesting differences between running a Forge only server and a Forge server with Sponge enabled. The Sponge enabled server seems to be a lot smoother even with high tick times. Where the Forge only server starts to rubber band with high tick times, the Sponge enabled server doesn't. That being said the tick times of the Forge only server are significantly lower and it doesn't crash as often. Even without using the border plugin, the Sponge enabled server would sometimes crash when generating new chunks. So far this has not happened on the Forge only server.

Right now it seems that we really need the chunkgen mod to update. Perhaps it would help if some more people commented on the Github issues. The author hasn't shown any activity for a week now. This may sound a bit impatient, but we're waiting for the chunkgen mod to actually start working for several months now. A good way to pre-generate the world and other dimensions is all that we need to get started with this new server.