Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robot Program

Robot Program

My basic one that digs a 3x3 tunnel getting everything except stone and cobble stone, puts a torch down every 5 to light it up.
    asks how long of a tunnel you want, checks for fuel level and if full, stops if either are true.
    slot 1 cobblestone, slot 2 stone, slot 3 torches.
    also will stop if it runs out of cobblestone.
    Need to remove the .txt, said it was an invalid file when i tried to upload it otherwise =P
    Attached Files Attached Files

This looks sweet

I'm not terribly familiar with the robot programs so bear with me if this is a dumb question. Could you have the stone mined -> become cobble -> use that cobble for replacement of ores and such rather than feeding it cobble?

Need to start it off with cobble, this mod pack has lots of stuff other then stone, the cobble it collects does go into the stack so it does replinish it. Starting of with a stack usually is enough, the low tier ones run out of room quickly.
    Unless you have silk touch, it mines it like a player does. Ie mining coal block gives coal. There's upgrades to expand inventory and make the batteries larger. You can have it carry chest and place them and unload as it goes. I started out simple and as I learn more and get it working I expand it

Think next item is to make it use an ender chest, have it place it, empty out, then pick the chest back up.
    Keeping it charged is another item to look at.

Rainnmann needs a reboot he's repeating himself lol

Updated program, gravel (falling blocks) where giving the robot trouble =P, it wont pick up the ones that become dropped items, but takes care of any stuff that falls in an area already cleared.

Updated, added diggy4, its a 3x4 tunnel, also replenishes cobble from other spots if it runs low and has some in another slot
    Working on enderchest unload atm.
    Last edited by Rainnmannx; 2nd December 2016 at 06:37.

Lazy Idle Couch Potato Heptagon_ru's Avatar

Chest dump added, ender chest in slot 4
    may make tunnel messy trying to figure where to put rebuild code.

Is the robot something we can achieve early for early mining automation or does it require a bit of progression?

It doesn't really need any progression to start with low tier robots, iron, gold, redstone, paper, clay, are some of the main items used. In the sp one im playing have small refined storage set up that auto fills tinkers smelteries to produce ingots. and now the robot tunnels and empties into ender chest that the system pulls from. the limit now is robot charging, either need to have it return and charge, or carry a charger and some type of wireless power transfer system, and have it set it and recharge itself.

Added cleaned up code, and ender chest dump seems to work like a charm

Add tinker tools, like the hammer, are great mining tools that can be done fairly early, it digs a 3x3 area per use.
    Last edited by Rainnmannx; 4th December 2016 at 03:59.