Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Red Alert 2 - Yuri's Revenge - Mental Omega Mod

What some folks may not know is that I'm a huge Red Alert fan. Every so often I boot 'er up and have some good old RTS battles. I'm not sure how many of you, if any, actually play or have Red Alert 2 and the expansion Yuri's Revenge, but there is a REALLY GOOD mod that adds more content to the game by balancing the factions of The Alliance, The Soviets, and Epsilon (Yuri faction).

Mental Omega

This mod was a game changer when I found it a few years ago and I've been using the latest versions of it ever since then. A big change is AI smarts. They are much tougher at "mental" levels and the meteor swarm option sets the AI to insanely strong levels which makes for a challenging battle. PvP is fun as well especially with joint AI meteor swarm battles, though I don't get many opportunities to utilize PvP.

So basically, if you like/play Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge and want to spice things up and play with a buddy hit me up

Had a lot of fun playing C&C and RA, before EA killed Westwood studios. Those bastards! We could have had many more great C&C installments.

Is it me or does Yuri look like a jaffa? I don't think I've played that expansion pack. Is it included in OpenRA?

I never thought of Yuri that way , he could be.

It looks like OpenRA only has Red Alert, Tiberian Dawn, and Dune 2000.

I found a few sites that give out RA2 and Yuri's Revenge for free, though you can't play online without a serial number. I tested this site's game download and it worked with the mental omega mod just fine, but of course it can't play online without a serial.

I've personally owned RA2 and YR for many years and have just been using the serial it came with, but there was a time that I setup the game on another PC so my brother could play. We found we could use any serial appropriate for RA2 we found online. The only thing you had to watch out for is 2 people using the same serial, if that happens then one of the two people couldn't join the same online game.

An example of serial numbers

To play online you have to create an account on XWIS and then select Game Ladders in the top left. There you will use your RA2 serial code and then create a nickname for use in game. You'll be given an 8 character password thereafter. Using the nickname and password you can login to multiplayer in game.