Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

[FreebieTFC] Reporting Grief at town "Kingdom_of_Lagoria"

My friend, who is a resident of our town "Kingdom_of_Lagoria" logged on recently and found that our town had been apparently raided of supplies and had several items stolen.

Quote from Skype:
    [Sunday, December 4, 2016 8:55 PM] Srgntcuddles: So I went on Happydiggers and a lot of our stuff has been taken. Including 90% of your smithy. lol
    The timezone from Skype is Pacific GMT-8 so as for a potential time this griefing occured, it could have been anytime prior to Dec. 4th.

I have prepared a griefing report video here to hopefully indicate what was damaged and/or stolen from the town. Hopefully this is enough information to work off of. Thank you for your time!

As for our open-door policy: when we founded our town, we wanted to have it be accessible, to allow non-town folks to visit and use our equipment, to share resources and work together. People were allowed to use public smithing areas, help consolidate Olive Oil for oil lamps, and share our foods, alcohols, and water. Whenever people stumble upon a town, they can't do anything in it except stare. Our hope was to make ourselves available and open to entice people to join and help us.

After the griefing that I've seen today, it makes us wonder if we should remove this open door policy. Ideally, we'd like to keep ourselves available, and if that means subjecting ourselves to further grief down the road, ultimately what that means is: are the mods okay with this? It's highly probable that if we leave our town open, further griefing will occur, which will result in more reports. Do you think it would be wisest to restrict our town's permissions or that we should try to trust in the rules to handle griefers and not have them hamper our open door policy? I leave the verdict in your hands, as you're the one(s) who eventually have to deal with the griefers.

We will take a look at this within a few days.
    There are many ways to keep a town open and still protect valuable things.
    Example is Highrock, the smith is set up so towns people and towns that are part of the nation can use it, and it is set to not place or destroy, so it cant be vandalized. There are many ways to set up perms to have open areas of a town and protected areas.
    When are you usually on? I can show you how if you would like if our times can coincide.

Thank you for your prompt reply and for looking into this issue.

As for the permissions, it would be nice to set up public/private areas. I'm not well-versed in all the commands that Towny has to offer, and while it would be nice to get on together sometime, I am afraid my time on the server is often erratic and unpredictable. Is there any sort of documentation regarding Towny that can teach me how this can be accomplished?

Thanks again for all the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro_89 View Post
    Woop. Thanks, HK

First thing is to set town perms to off.
    /t set perm off, or /t set perm outsider off, I replaced the blast and bloom, and will do more later on.
    I think those are the commands will update when i get back.

You may have to use
    /t set perm outsider build off
    /t set perm outsider destroy off
    And the ones for switch and itemuse
    Instead of /t set perm outsider off
    Last edited by Rainnmannx; 7th December 2016 at 02:59.

Quick guide
    Use /t perm to see perms for town
    O = outsider r = resident a = ally and f = friend
    Example for town is to only have resident in all the fields and no other.
    For plots like a smith can set itemuse and switch on, and build and destroy off.
    /plot set perm outsider switch on
    /plot set perm outsider itemuse on
    Just keep anything that you don't want to disappear out of that plot.
    For the bloomery have to set it up on a border of a chunk, so the place part is not in the chunk but the bloomery is.
    You only see friend in plots owened by townspeople.
    Last edited by Rainnmannx; 7th December 2016 at 02:54.

Also, if it clear as mud tell me what you want to do and ill tell you how