Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mod proposal ? - Super Spyglass Mod(couldnt find such a post sorry if there is one al

Survivors i wish to ask that you speak your mind and if you would like the below mod to be added:

https://i.redd.it/q9cpj61wotjy.jpg

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=793605978

I believe it would be quite useful and would save quite a lot of time as well as ingame lives

Thank you for your suggestion. We always like to get feedback on our servers and new suggestions for ways we can make it better.

The mod definitely would save time, but I'm not sure it's a good fit for the servers and here's why. On our old HappyDiggers Valhalla server we had something like 13 mods running and we would add new mods that had quality of life improvements. It was great fun but also took away from the original Ark grinding methods. People would burn out way too quickly because it was too easy. Think about how great of an advantage that mod makes for breeding. It would make one of the biggest end game challenges trivial.

Another issue is server stability. Also referencing the Valhalla server, it had many issues with stability and frequently became corrupted toward the end of its 5 month life compared to the minimally modded The Island server we have run for over a year now with no problems. The more mods you add the more things can go wrong, possibly permanently like Valhalla, so I'm very hesitant to add any new mods. Looking through the mod's comment history there were a lot of people complaining about the mod crashing their servers and clients consistently for at least 11 days straight before it was taken care of, that's another big red flag. If something goes wrong with the mod, which happens more often than you'd think, the author needs to promptly fix the issue and 11 days without a fix is a big problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro_89 View Post
    Thank you for your suggestion. We always like to get feedback on our servers and new suggestions for ways we can make it better.

The mod definitely would save time, but I'm not sure it's a good fit for the servers and here's why. On our old HappyDiggers Valhalla server we had something like 13 mods running and we would add new mods that had quality of life improvements. It was great fun but also took away from the original Ark grinding methods. People would burn out way too quickly because it was too easy. Think about how great of an advantage that mod makes for breeding. It would make one of the biggest end game challenges trivial.

Another issue is server stability. Also referencing the Valhalla server, it had many issues with stability and frequently became corrupted toward the end of its 5 month life compared to the minimally modded The Island server we have run for over a year now with no problems. The more mods you add the more things can go wrong, possibly permanently like Valhalla, so I'm very hesitant to add any new mods. Looking through the mod's comment history there were a lot of people complaining about the mod crashing their servers and clients consistently for at least 11 days straight before it was taken care of, that's another big red flag. If something goes wrong with the mod, which happens more often than you'd think, the author needs to promptly fix the issue and 11 days without a fix is a big problem.

Noted! Will try to find more useful mods(hopefully mods that dont cause issues)!