Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TFC2 Alpha

TFC2 Alpha

In case you missed it TFC2 has an alpha release .

Lazy Idle Couch Potato Heptagon_ru's Avatar
    I tried to see some description what it is and how it is different from TFC atm, but didnt find so decided to wait

So far from what I have gathered, the tiers will go by islands, have to do a certain thing to defeat the island, then you can portal to next one. No tfc food, they are going to use Pam's harvest for that. No chisel or planks, more about progression and beating island then building. Probably should be called something else then tfc2 .

A link would be useful :B

So far there is nothing to see except island generation, lots of new animals and new physics. And new campfire, the only things you can craft are campfire and fire starter, I think

It's for catching bugs at this stage, not for playing... But later some kind of a snapshot server would be nice {hint, hint}

There are 4 items you can craft by knapping. Hammer, knife, hoe, and axe. Lots of new trees, well how they generate that is =P.
    The new physics is cool, although not being geared towards building moots that a bit. No more floating bridges.

TFC2 alpha snapshot server with the same rules and principles of our Vanilla snapshot server? I think we can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJ View Post
    TFC2 alpha snapshot server with the same rules and principles of our Vanilla snapshot server? I think we can do that.
    Yes, please

Lazy Idle Couch Potato Heptagon_ru's Avatar
    I am not sure how exactly this island-tier thing works, but it might be less suitable for multiplayer than usual.

If the main goal is to beat the island, then what will do newcomers when all low-tier islands has been opened and wiped from resources?

And for the server with harsh PvP rules, like the snapshot - how newcomers will hide from PVP against established players?
    Spawn/road camping might be an issue when land area is small and all routes via portals are limited and can be easily controlled.

Anyway worth trying ofc. For science! (yes, finally finished Portal 2 recently )