Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Vanilla Server Goals

Vanilla Server 2017

So, We have a new Vanilla Server and with that comes a fresh start and hopefully a map that keeps on thriving.
    For that to happen, we should have some goals set out.

Me and Dourne have started to create a small chest of resources by the spawn point and I hope to start construction on spawn soon. Im thinking a treehouse spawn, but I am open to other suggestions if you would like to do something different.

SERVER GOALS:

1. Kill the Ender Dragon
    2. Farm for every different type of food/plant
    3. Spawn Community
    4. Individual bases (add some personality)

Anyone else got some ideas?

(this thread is boring I'll spruce it up after work)
    Last edited by ethe334; 8th May 2017 at 15:38.

quick thoughts - your goals are lengthy and far reaching. Let's start with the basics and beginnings of establishing a nice spawn location.

1. resources - thoughts to use wood or mostly wood for spawn so we'll need lots and lots of wood (all kinds for now, oak/dark oak/jungle are close)
    2. food - prefer all types but for now something to eat. (how would we incorporate this in a treehouse..doable so don't dash your dream yet)
    3. survival - armor/weps/animals.
    4. we found a skele spawner - yay us. need to put it to work.
    5. begin spawn construction/building. (if spawn point needs to be on solid ground let me/us know and dirt will be moved.)
    6. community rules and layout.
    7. individual bases.
    8. dragon type things and ideas.

This sound ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Dourne View Post
    quick thoughts - your goals are lengthy and far reaching. Let's start with the basics and beginnings of establishing a nice spawn location.

1. resources - thoughts to use wood or mostly wood for spawn so we'll need lots and lots of wood (all kinds for now, oak/dark oak/jungle are close)
    2. food - prefer all types but for now something to eat. (how would we incorporate this in a treehouse..doable so don't dash your dream yet)
    3. survival - armor/weps/animals.
    4. we found a skele spawner - yay us. need to put it to work.
    5. begin spawn construction/building. (if spawn point needs to be on solid ground let me/us know and dirt will be moved.)
    6. community rules and layout.
    7. individual bases.
    8. dragon type things and ideas.

This sound ok?
    That sounds great, i've already made a small spawn treehouse which is visible from the village, so next we can just expand on it.

Name:  2017-05-10_19.00.14.png
Views: 350
Size:  1.02 MB

I have been working on a treehouse idea for spawn, opinions?

I have been trying to plant trees close to the treehouse to bridge to but dont have enough saplings. i boated around and we are only on the edge. we can boat to the other side and deforest if needed.

Thanks for the xp skele farm

There is a nether portal in the cobblestone building in town. complete with nether fortress.

Started on an individual base for myself but started to like the idea of turning it into a player town. A community project that isn't centred around spawn. Part way through setting up some pathways around the gulf and towards spawn, and after that is done I'll start putting up more buildings for farms and storage.

So basically if anyone wants anything to do that isn't based around spawn or you're own bases, come make a house here. In saying this, I do have three requests; Try to keep to my building style, keep it above ground, and try to build along the pathway (not in actual gulf if possible). If you need help just ask.

Might be a good little project anyway.
    I'll get the coords for location soon. It's only a hundred or so metres from skeleton XP farm if you're too impatient (or I forget)

Also if theres anything you guys want for spawn just sing out.

Attached Images Attached Images  

That's great, it's exam season in the UK so I haven't had much time to play, but that should be over soon

People on the Vanilla server, do you want the spawn to be in the tree and have branches off, or in the little town and I'll use the tree for something else?

I'm happy with whichever. The town is an easier project, but the tree would be awesome if the efforts put in. No need to rush though. Plenty of time to do everything! No need to smash everything out in one hit hahaha

Haven't run into anyone yet on the server either. Might have to start building mannequins to keep me company lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pernix_8D View Post
    I'm happy with whichever. The town is an easier project, but the tree would be awesome if the efforts put in. No need to rush though. Plenty of time to do everything! No need to smash everything out in one hit hahaha

Haven't run into anyone yet on the server either. Might have to start building mannequins to keep me company lol
    Ive made a small town hall near the original spawn point, so thinking that should be the main spawn.

I've only run into Dorne and RJS but that was at the very beginning and haven't seen them since.