Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ethe334 View Post
    Ive made a small town hall near the original spawn point, so thinking that should be the main spawn.

I've only run into Dorne and RJS but that was at the very beginning and haven't seen them since.
    Ya I have been playing other games lately, guess I am just waiting for the 1.12 release so i should be more active soon. Last time I was on I was gathering pearls for the end portal I think we only need 6 more so we should be able to go to the end soon.

Idea: build a roman city

Thinking long term projects here. This sort of thing may give people something to do for months.

Name:  rwBbUna.png
Views: 251
Size:  1.69 MB

This would require a bit of research I think.
    • What kind of layout makes for a nice Roman city.
    • What kind of buildings are required.
    • Roads, plazas, monuments.
    • How can we incorporate other projects into the city? Thinking about things like guilds, farms, shops.
    • What kind of style would we like to use? Romans often used local materials, as well as specific materials that needed to be imported.
    • Perhaps play a few games of Caesar III to get inspiration?

Minecraftforum.net has a couple of other featured community creations up right now as well.
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/news/6...s-in-minecraft

Aw yeah, sounds alright. Might as well make a Colosseum or arena for inducting new VIP's.

Trial by beingshotbyeveryotherVIPfromtheseats. Rolls off the tongue.

I like the idea of the roman city, how about a more medieval city to fit in with the houses that are already showing up around spawn?? Still in the idea of docks, large walls, cannons, villages?

I don't meant to bash your idea, but to me oak logs and cobblestone, i.e. medieval-style, seems to be somewhat of the default theme for Minecraft. Having to come up with ways to build in a Roman (or other) style seems more appealing to me. Getting the materials for the vanity buildings and monuments alone might be a challenge and hopefully fun to do. At the very least it'll entail more than a cobblestone generator and tree farm.

And that I think is sort of the whole point. You wanted a new map to get people interested. If we go back and do the same thing we've always done, I can pretty much guarantee we'll get the same result as we always have. My advice would be to try new things. Get out of your comfort zone a little and do something different. Usually those kind of projects end up being the most interesting and fun.

Personally this kind of stuff gets me excited to build:
    Name:  Roman city server project.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  76.0 KB

Name:  aquaduct.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  57.0 KB

Name:  roman city.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  60.9 KB

Name:  coloseum.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  284.6 KB

Name:  tyrus roman city.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  255.2 KB

Name:  roman town.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  464.9 KB

But in the end it's your call. If you want to do medieval, then we'll do medieval.

I completely agree, I personally like the last two photos, and we have a nice mountain next to spawn that would be perfect for a temple of some sorts on top. From
    thr photos, it looks as if sandstone, endstone and different woods/stones are used. We also now have use of different coloured concrete.

Ill look at some ideas after I have done this work (probably tomorrow) and start gathering supplies and plans around town.

Perhaps a date where we can all be on to discuss ideas?

1.12 has been released for the community, J could you possibly update the server? Thanks!

I like the idea to build in Roman theme! It's outstanding within the mainstream minecraft creations we can see everywhere!

Btw, started to get involved in the server and settled down in a cave under the little bridge that connects the Spawn Tree and Pernix's settlement. Hopefully gonna turn it into Alchemist's Lab and build a Roman Villa on the hill above one day Hope I am not ruining someone's plans with the place
    Last edited by Elbe97; 7th June 2017 at 17:42.
    My common IGNs: Elbe97 / Elborax / Elbor

THe FouR HoRSeMeN oF THe aPoCaLYPSe:

I spend about 15 minutes trying to find the server.jar download on minecraft.net. I simply could not find it. Microsoft hid it well. Their Realms stuff was prominently displayed though

In the end I used https://mcversions.net/ which links to Mojang's launcher site.... *sigh*

Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 191
Size:  484.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJ View Post
    In the end I used https://mcversions.net/ which links to Mojang's launcher site.... *sigh*
    Just downloaded the server .jar from MCVersions and it looks like they got it fixed in the meanwhile!

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 259
Size:  447.0 KB
    My common IGNs: Elbe97 / Elborax / Elbor

THe FouR HoRSeMeN oF THe aPoCaLYPSe: