Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Something I'd like to try with this Roman city is use aqueducts to transport water for farms. I think i'd be cool to run a number of large scale farms from only one or two water blocks. Something else to keep us thinking!

I'm confused. Who got what fixed?

The server.jar is only needed to run a server. The HappyDiggers Vanilla server was updated last night so you can play there if you like

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJ View Post
    I'm confused. Who got what fixed?

The server.jar is only needed to run a server. The HappyDiggers Vanilla server was updated last night so you can play there if you like
    At first I thought that the server.jar was not available at mcversions.net, should've checked the server first. Everything is alright, only I just woke up. Sorry, my bad.
    My common IGNs: Elbe97 / Elborax / Elbor

THe FouR HoRSeMeN oF THe aPoCaLYPSe:

I've been raiding end cities pretty rigorously, so there are a few elytras in the trapped chest in the upstairs of the town hall if anybody wants one, I'm planning to get building and planning the roman city in the near future.

To Elbe and whoever else has built a base within the gulf, I've done a bit of work and fenced off and lit a large portion of the area surrounding your homes. Feel free to build paths, move/build fences, etc. to better suit yourselves.

Anyway, good seeing some signs of life around the gulf

Quote Originally Posted by Pernix_8D View Post
    Feel free to build paths, move/build fences, etc. to better suit yourselves.
    Nice job on the lights around the place, Pernix, thank you!

By the way, I have an idea to build a windmill with some wheat fields, already mentioned to ethe.The rock at XYZ 40, 80, 315 (currently a fountain made by someone else near the gulf) would suit the windmill very good. Would the author (you, Pernix?) mind if I moved the fountain further to the hills and made it into a small stream running through the gulf? Don't know your exact plans with the gulf though, don't want to corrupt it too much. I can find another place if you prefer the gulf to remain untouched.

My other suggestion would be in order to start with the Roman town project, we could find a suitably large south-oriented hills and build a vineyard with cellars and vineyard houses etc. (have a complete plan and can post screenshots of my creations if anyone would be interested) - the Romans were consuming a lot of wine, right?
    My common IGNs: Elbe97 / Elborax / Elbor

THe FouR HoRSeMeN oF THe aPoCaLYPSe:

Quote Originally Posted by Elbe97 View Post
    Nice job on the lights around the place, Pernix, thank you!

(currently a fountain made by someone else near the gulf) would suit the windmill very good. Would the author (you, Pernix?) mind if I moved the fountain further to the hills and made it into a small stream running through the gulf?
    Fountain i added. you can move it.

Is my hermit spot in the gulf mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by Elbe97 View Post
    Would the author (you, Pernix?) mind if I moved the fountain further to the hills and made it into a small stream running through the gulf? Don't know your exact plans with the gulf though, don't want to corrupt it too much. I can find another place if you prefer the gulf to remain untouched.
    Yeah mate, go ahead. I was thinking of putting a creek in, or at least some little park areas along the pathway with water features. Anyway, feel free to add stuff in Elbe (and anyone else). So long as no sheep escape. I'll make you round them up if they get out Windmill sounds like a cool idea too. I had no idea what to do with that stone hill so you saved me some thinking! I'll leave it to you mate.

Just as a note for everyone about corrupting the gulf (as Elbe put it), I would prefer it if no structures were built in the actual gulf itself. I don't know about you guys, but I like it as a big green paddock with sheep in it. Nice and open. The one thing that'll kill it is if a dirty great big house is sat right in the middle of it. Anyway, if anyone wants to build something at the gulf and is struggling to find a spot, just sing out and I'll help however I can!

Ok... So I've never done a wither fight before and I attempted one on the server. Needless to say, I died and it is still roaming free. Luckily, It is at the dessert biome. I will attempt another go at it in the near future. I had a rage quit moment and now I've given up on Minecraft for a day or 2. Good luck if you are going to the desert!

Lazy Idle Couch Potato Heptagon_ru's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DOM View Post
    ... Good luck if you are going to the desert! ...
    This is awesome!