Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Like I said before. Don't worry about things not being perfect. I never asked for any particular level of quality. All I'm asking for is for people to play games they like and to have fun while streaming.

I'm assuming people have enough common sense to not stream things that are generally considered unsuitable for our community, say: 18+ adult stuff. Other than that, go for it! If people can't handle a tiny car inside of a small post stamp on the front page running over pedestrians or shooting at other really really tiny people, then so be it. They can complain if they like. We'll cross that bridge if we get to it but I don't expect that would happen any time soon.

To answer your other question. Best case scenario: people are having fun streaming.
    This is not about ad revenue involved or extra page views or advertising the HappyDiggers community. Just have fun at what we do is all I'm aiming for

Oh, and in case I wasn't clear yet. Don't worry so much. Let me do the worrying, I excel at handling the worries. Most often I have zero worries about anything at all. It's great!

I tried streaming some Black Mesa (Half-Life 1 in HL2 engine) tonight. Downloaded OBS, used the startup wizard to do the basic setup. It recommended 1920x1080, 60fps and 6000kbps. Streaming went fine I think with 0 dropped frames. Too bad I hadn't set the auto archive option so I can't watch my own stream afterwards to see what it looked like.

Since I was playing in windowed mode everything was incredibly dark. Even with zombies on fire it was hard to see what was going on. What do you guys use to increase gamma?

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJ View Post
    What do you guys use to increase gamma?
    I do not have any problems with gamma on my streams. The only real stuff I changed was the encoder options. If I run into the issue, I will let you know what I do to remedy it.

- OBS: v0.659b
    - Encoder: Nvidia NVENC
    - Use CBR: yes

Just tested a stream, looks like I can stream, but so far only at 480p. Gonna see if there's anything I can do to boost my bandwidth to be able to stream higher quality like 720p, if not then I'll be stuck at that, but it's better than nothing.

Lazy Idle Couch Potato Heptagon_ru's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendair968 View Post
    Just tested a stream,
    Nice stream, good audio quality, the volume is kinda low. A cruel game btw, sawing all those qute batteries.

I agree with Hept. Your stream looks fine. Volume should be a bit louder. So yeah, you're practically ready to stream

Alright, thanks for the feedback!

I solved my gamma issue by adding a second virtual monitor using my laptop and Spacedesk. That allows me to stream a second monitor to my laptop and extend my desktop there. So now I have OBS and the Twitch dashboard displayed on my laptop while I play full screen on my monitor. I could of course add a second monitor to my PC. But since I already have a 30" monitor I prefer using my laptop as a second monitor for occasional streaming.

I've been playing a bit of Black Mesa. There are things I really like about it. It's essentially Half Life 1 with fancy graphics. There's more detail in a lot of things like the offices, hud and effects like when you get zapped by those insect-eyed-hopping-space-bunnies. What I don't like are the wonky physics though. Sure, HL has always had wonky physics. But with Black Mesa a lot of things are off. Hitting head crabs with a crowbar seems to be more difficult. Often times I can hit through them repeatedly. I'm taking fall damage at places where I shouldn't. And sometimes shots don't seem to connect. This is especially obvious when I take out my magnum and shoot at stationary targets.

All in all it's been fun playing Half Life again. But I think the original is better than the remake

Lazy Idle Couch Potato Heptagon_ru's Avatar
    Saw my messages in chat? Just dropped in for few minutes.

It was late so I did not remember it was not original HL, and the scene I saw was quite familiar - riding rails and shooting sonic pigs.

But how did J got that fancy camo pattern on his gun? This was my last thought before going to sleep

I saw. That "camo" was alien guts. Same as in the original Half-Life, just looking a bit more fancy