Thread: Ragnarok drops

Ragnarok drops

Did something happen? Drops on Ragnarok seem to have reverted to defaults, less quality, more blueprints... Ice cave too.

Another strange thing, a Giga spawned next to green beacon. I thought they only spawned in Scotland... I won't complain, it was a 240 female, is tamed now but still - strange.

As I mentioned in game, the giga spawns were changed several updates ago by the Ragnarok developers.

All loot crates are affected on all servers so it doesn't seem to be an issue with Ragnarok devs introducing a new loot crate path. Summoned loot crates are also affected in the same way which reinforces the previous sentence. Ark configs have not been changed for quite a while, let alone the game.ini that has the loot config code. The loot from the crates is reflecting certain aspects of the custom config but not others. You can still get 4 items from cave crates while vanilla crates would only have 2 yet the blueprint rarity, quality, and weight (how often it's picked) seem to be at vanilla rates.

My theory is wildcard changed how the custom game.ini loot configurations work and didn't tell anybody which wouldn't be surprising because they have been doing A LOT of shady things lately. I haven't seen any change logs relating to drops for a while so the changes definitely aren't official. If the changes become known then I can make adjustments to the code, but the loot config code is around 530k characters long and it takes a very, very long time to edit. It's a moot point if I don't know the new format for the config though.

At this point, we'll just have to wait and see. Basically we're getting vanilla drops with difficulty 8 at double the rate.

Latest patch notes:

Quote Originally Posted by WildCard
    v273.7
    - Fixed INI Supply Crate Overrides working again. Also improved the system for this: Now with SupplyCrateClassString you can override a group of supply crates by including only PART of the name (rather than the full name), and any supply crates which contain that string in part of their name will be overriden. Such as overriding "SupplyCrate" will override ALL supply crates. Furthermore, you can now set bAppendItemSets=true to ADD item sets to supply crates, rather than totally overriding all their items. And you can set bAppendPreventIncreasingMinMaxItemSets=true to dynamically increase the amount of items dropped by however many additional itemsets you add ( only applies when bAppendItemSets=true ).
    Good old WildCard. Don't admit there's a problem they caused until they already have a fix for it which makes everything better right?

Servers are updating now.

At least they fixed it, I can confirm. No more digging metal out of stones