Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

RE: Vanilla server update

Due to some lag issues people were having, and due to massive grief, the server is whitelisted once again.

I've disabled some of the mods that prevent the use of X-ray mods which fixed most of the lag issues. Unfortunately we don't feel like cleaning up every time some random griefer has had their way with the server, so the whitelist is back. We can undo the damage and roll back chest theft. But we don't want to keep on doing that for idiots that join, get cause trouble, get banned and we will never see again.

We recognize that a number of people wish to play on the Vanilla server that haven't caused any problems in the past. They will be allowed to join. Just give us some time to sort things out first.

I've been flying around looking for small grief. found some stuff and fixed it. mostly creeper explosions, and fire so hard to find out who.

I've rolled back all the blocks ever changed by the new griefers. At least the griefers I could find last night.

I'm also looking into a replacement for logblock that should be able to tell who started a fire or a lava/water stream.

Most of land has been fixed, removed a few old houses that i think they got griefed in past and now they were abandoned , gave spawn a nice aspect for those who are new to the server or never been to spawn properly.

More things do to are WorldEdit matter like land smoothing, forest remaking and maybe a few thing of visual content.

Good job!

I've replaced logblock with CoreProtect. It basically does the same thing but has a few nice features logblock lacks. Also it should be faster and lag free.

All players can use the /co inspect command to look for block changes. When you enable /co inspect and place a block inside a lava or water stream, it shows you who placed the first block that caused that stream.

The same thing goes for planting trees. All the blocks of a full grown tree shows the person who planted that tree.

Give it a go

Lol....Great j you gave the secret to /lb and /co xD

The more people know how to spot grief the better. And besides, only admins can rollback with logblock and coreprotect.

InsaneJ.... YOU ROCK!

Quote Originally Posted by DOM
    InsaneJ.... YOU ROCK!
    ^
    |
    |
    what he said

This afternoon I've changed the Java JDK the server uses from IcedTea JDK 6.1.11.3 to Oracle JDK 1.7.0.3. Generally Oracle's (Sun) JDK is faster then it's open source counter parts like IcedTea. But because Oracle's JDK's license isn't GNU(Linux) compatible it's not default on Linux systems.

It's actually quite a hassle to get it up and running. On Windows you just go to java.com download/install and you're done. On Linux you have to follow a crazy how-to if you're a noob like me

Anyway, the Vanilla server is now running a bit more smoothly. Dynmap tile generation now takes half the time it did before. Also chunk loading is noticeably faster for me. I've been testing the server via a regular ADSL connection with a nominal ping time of around 20ms to the server. For me it was running smooth as butter. I hope it makes a difference for others as well