Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJ View Post
    I'd like to. But I don't think it's going to happen. We simply do not have enough active staff members willing to monitor another public server. And finding new reliable moderators is harder than you might think.

While I am neither a moderator, nor someone with experience moderating, I could try and fulfill this post. Is there an application process you want me to fill out? I have never played TnFC before, but from what I've seen it seems like a cool modpack. If you made a public server I think I would split my time between it and Freebie TFC.

Hope this helps,
    _DT

So yeah, if we can find people willing to moderate the server on a regular basis (it doesn't have to be daily, that's what tickets and the forum are for) then yes, we can go ahead.
    Well, since I finally have a laptop that doesn't die when I run TnFC, that only leaves the issue of those work related two week disappearances that happen roughly twice a year. Other than that I am able to be on the server and/or forums (almost) daily.

I love the modpack, I kinda hafta volunteer

Hey, I thought Jiro posted here? Oh well..

Thanks for the offer guys, I'll take it under consideration. There's still quite a bit of work to do before we can even begin testing. First I'll do a small server on my PC to see if we can get TnFC to work at all with KCauldron. If not then I'll try the Forge only route. But that bring a whole slew of other problems related to running a public server with it. In that case we need to replace the dozens of Bukkit plugins we have running on the current servers. With the current version of Minecraft 1.12 you can at least get a few decent server mods. But for Minecraft 1.7.10 those do not exist the last time we attempted this. Hopefully things have changed since then.

So for now. Wait. Be patient. It's going to take some time.

Hey, I thought Jiro posted here? Oh well..
    Ah, nope. That was in the staff section regarding TnFC

I have begun generating a new world for TechNodeFirmaCraft 3.5. It's very slow going, even slower than TFC. Which makes sense since it's TFC + a ton of other mods

Right now I've set up 4 server instances which are all generating one quarter of the intended world. The world will have the same size as the current Freebie TFC server. That means it'll be 100.000 by 30.000 blocks in size. Currently my CPU is at around 50% load and disk is at 2%. So other than cutting the world up in even more pieces, I can't really make this go any faster.
    Name:  TnFC pre-gen CPU usage.png
Views: 1480
Size:  113.6 KB

Once the world is done generating I'll start setting up the server instance that is going to run on our server hardware. When that is done we'll need a bunch of people to start play testing to see how much stuff is broken.