Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Technodefirma v 3.6 and up

Hoi

Before i would consider donating for the technodefirma server

Is it going to update from v 2.... to v3.6....?

No. Before we ran into issues updating to a newer version because we run KCauldron which we need for things like Towny and all the other plugins that we need to effectively run a large server. And we will be replacing the TnFC server with another server in a few weeks.

The new Donor server which will be running a new mod pack and will have a 3 month rotation between packs. And we'll be expanding the TFC Freebie world to a much larger size. You can read more about that here: Freebie TFC and Donor TFC server changes

Things have changed a bit. It seems the official TnFC server was shut down due to personal reasons of the owner. You can read more about that here:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Technode/co..._all_the_fish/

Instead of closing our donor server. Perhaps we should consider making it a small public server instead. In my opinion TnFC is one of the very few special mod packs that deserves to live on. Just a thought though. We would need to find one or two moderators that are willing to monitor the server which is probably harder than updating TnFC to 3.6 and making changes to go from a donor to a public server.

*edit*
    It seems updating to 3.x requires a new world to be generated. Changelog here:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Technode/co...ole_new_world/

That would mean quite a bit more work than just updating the mod pack. I'll have to think about this. In the mean time, everybody, please provide your thoughts if you have any.

I would love to see TnFC alive somewhere. It's a great modpack and the authors put a lot of thought and work behind it - everything is very well balanced. I would risk saying it's the best TFC technical modpack out there.

Yes, new map is required, that means generation time.

I'll make you a deal I'll stop hopping from one TFC server to another and will put roots on TnFC if you update. That doesn't mean I will be there every day, as sometimes work makes me drop off the face of the earth for a week or two. But I will be there and help new players whenever I can.

If you make it public instead of donor only, new map is a good idea anyway. But please, pretty please, with cherry on top - more than 1 home point, please?

(Over and out for a week, this work issue as mentioned above.)

I'd like to. But I don't think it's going to happen. We simply do not have enough active staff members willing to monitor another public server. And finding new reliable moderators is harder than you might think.

do a donor exclusive and no moderators, paying players are mostly more mature and dont need to be moderated, just make 1 'op' for bugfixes,
    in the meantime i play on my home server witb a 1m chunk pregen world, am not that far in the game, but don't wait to long to make the tnfc server befor playerg got to far in singel world and dont want to restart

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJ View Post
    I'd like to. But I don't think it's going to happen. We simply do not have enough active staff members willing to monitor another public server. And finding new reliable moderators is harder than you might think.

While I am neither a moderator, nor someone with experience moderating, I could try and fulfill this post. Is there an application process you want me to fill out? I have never played TnFC before, but from what I've seen it seems like a cool modpack. If you made a public server I think I would split my time between it and Freebie TFC.

Hope this helps,
    _DT