Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System

Name:  Nintendo Classic Mini - Super Nintendo Entertainment System.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  189.2 KB

I've ordered mine today. It should arrive tomorrow. By the looks of things supplies of this new piece of nostalgia tech are a lot better than with the NES mini. Happy days

Looking forward to the no fuss SNES experience with some of the best controllers ever made. I've played around with a Retro Pi, but it never really came close to the original if you ask me. Perhaps this was because I've used the wrong controller (Dual Shock 4, Wii Pro, Logitech-that awesome-one-whatsitcalled, etc.) But it always something that's just not right.

Maybe it was just too convenient. Never having to get up from the couch to change games. Not having a cord running to your controller. Having extra turbo buttons. I don't know. But I do know I'm going to play a ton of low-res Star Fox again. None of that experimental motion control crap. Just plain old buttons, a D-pad and lots of nova bombs.

Anyone else here planning on taking a nostalgia trip?

I never got off my nostalgia kick

Name:  thumbnail.jpeg
Views: 281
Size:  172.4 KB

Had these since I was a kid. I usually play a little once a month and I do a full play through of Zelda A Link to The Past and Secret of Mana once or twice a year.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJ View Post
    Name:  Nintendo Classic Mini - Super Nintendo Entertainment System.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  189.2 KB I've played around with a Retro Pi, but it never really came close to the original if you ask me. Perhaps this was because I've used the wrong controller (Dual Shock 4, Wii Pro, Logitech-that awesome-one-whatsitcalled, etc.) But it always something that's just not right.
    When the last classic console was announced, I was looking into "free" options and I ran across RetroPi. Since the last one sold out on release day, I ordered my kit to make a good RetroPi that day. Assembled it, loaded everything I needed and "POOF!", I had a NES, SNES, N64, PS1, GBC, GBA, etc...

For Christmas last year I asked for a bunch of USB controllers for the RetroPi and now my wife and I have awesome Mario Cart SNES nights the way they were meant to be (SNES style).

Recently, I triple booted the Pi to have a Linux desktop, and a media station on top of the RetroPi OS. Fun project that was.

Either way, for some strange reason that I cannot comprehend through logic, I want the SNES Classic...

I got it today. It's really nice. You take it out of the box, plug it in. And ten seconds later you're playing one of history's greatest video games. That's a stark contrast to some people I talked to today. They got a PS4 and had to install and update games because it was a present for someone. Took them hours

The controllers are decent. The cord is pretty short so you'll have to sit in front of the TV, or use a long HDMI and USB cable to move the console closer to the couch. Or get a wireless controller like the new 8BitDo ones: http://www.8bitdo.com/sn30-sf30-2_4g...assic-edition/

But I think I'll stick with wired controllers for now. It just adds to the whole experience. Same for having to get up to press the reset button if you want to play a different game. It's pretty close to having to get up to switch a cartridge, except the games are all on that cute little box. Definitely worth it's money if you ask me.